College Student WK Build - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-17-2018, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
doctornaod

Garage
College Student WK Build

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and i'm an owner of a 05 WK 4.7l V8 and its pretty much all stock other than a new water pump, new radiator w/ hoses, and mid muffler delete. the car is at about 213k miles and the engine runs very well from the opinions i've gotten at two different garages a couple months back. The main issue on the jeep is the transmission lags with the shifting and i know it needs to be fixed up. I'm starting this thread to get some recommendations on how i should go about getting this issue fixed. Should i get it rebuilt or replace the whole transmission from a junkyard or something. I'm how you say "ballin on a budget" and a college student budget at that haha. Also what other mods do you all recommend i put on her? I have 31 in tires waiting to be put on it but i have yet to decide on an affordable lift kit considering the Bilstein 5100s. Let me know!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-17-2018, 07:01 PM
acabtp
2005 WK 

Garage
213k miles with trans problems? i'd find another base if you really like WKs rather than dumping money into that, especially if you're "ballin on a budget"

'05 WK Limited 5.7 Hemi
post #3 of 3 Old 09-17-2018, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
doctornaod

Garage
but wouldnt changing the trans fix the issue?? ive found a couple solid transmissions on car-parts.com one with 56k miles on it for 500 and i have buddies that can install it for me i know the engine is really solid and will keep running forever with proper maintenance

Tags
build , mods , transmission , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in