Changing tire pressure sensors how to make TPMS read spare and get rid of message - JeepForum.com
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By yzjwk
  • 1 Post By Wrangie
  • 1 Post By Wrangie

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 12-10-2019, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Wrangie

Changing tire pressure sensors how to make TPMS read spare and get rid of message

Folk's
I ve changed all the 5 wheels sensors, programmed their id's to the WCM with success but i still have the "spare low pressure" message despite is fine.

4 tires are displayed with 248 bar but the spare show 0 pressure.

Make it 40 psi or rotate it few degrees to get it closer to the transceiver won t start it

I allready drive it for more than 200 miles

What s the trick here?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-10-2019, 09:12 PM
CommanderRandy
2007 XK Commander 

Reading with interest... I have one reading zero (left rear) and I'm not sure what to do.....

Previous Jeeps: 89 YJ, 92 YJ, 99 XJ, 98 XJ
Current Jeep: 07 XK Commander limited w/HEMI
post #3 of 15 Old 12-11-2019, 07:37 AM
yzjwk

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangie View Post
Folk's
I ve changed all the 5 wheels sensors, programmed their id's to the WCM with success but i still have the "spare low pressure" message despite is fine.

4 tires are displayed with 248 bar but the spare show 0 pressure.

Make it 40 psi or rotate it few degrees to get it closer to the transceiver won t start it

I allready drive it for more than 200 miles

What s the trick here?

Cheers
You could try swapping the spare with one of the rear tires. Since they are all new, It may need to be rotated in so the WCM sees a valid tire at that address. If the problem follows the tire and you get a failed reading then the problem should be a faulty sensor. If the known good tire goes into alarm as the spare then you have a programming or receiver issue.
Wrangie likes this.

5 and counting :05 WK 5.7 HEMI
90 YJ Islander 4.2L
94 ZJ Ltd 5.2 ,00 WJ 4.0
2010 MK Patriot

post #4 of 15 Old 12-11-2019, 10:11 AM
90grandoneer

2006 WK 

X2, yzjwk. Also, if you have all the ID's written down, verify that one is actually correct and not one letter/number off or transposed.

06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, AFE Air Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS and HP tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam w/6* advance/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's. Also 05 Hemi LX modded exactly like WK and Comp Cammed 06 300CSRT8.
post #5 of 15 Old 12-11-2019, 12:42 PM
Capital AL
2010 WK 

Garage
I recently changed my all my TPMS sensors and the light would not go away after weeks of driving. The tire shop said that Jeeps and Chrysler vehicles reset themselves when new sensors are installed but that is not the case. The tire shop had to hook up their scan tool and manually program in the sensors with the computer after that it was working properly.
post #6 of 15 Old 12-11-2019, 03:16 PM
Avs
2006 WK 

Any way of turning off the tpms? The previous owner got rid of the tpms sensors and I have no interest of putting 4 new ones in. Iím sick of seeing seeing the low pressure message on the gauge cluster. I do have access to a bidirectional scanner.
post #7 of 15 Old 12-12-2019, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Wrangie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzjwk View Post
You could try swapping the spare with one of the rear tires. Since they are all new, It may need to be rotated in so the WCM sees a valid tire at that address.
So this is it
Thumbs up
post #8 of 15 Old 12-12-2019, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Wrangie

But later now i got "service pressure system" .
No current DTC
Pressure fine, WCN and CCN data showing tire 1 - driver side - pressure 248.1-255.1 (osclilating front- rear) & status "normal", tire 2 -passenger side-(same values) and tire 3 spare - status "normal".
What is wrong with the system now?
post #9 of 15 Old 12-12-2019, 09:01 PM
90grandoneer

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs View Post
Any way of turning off the tpms? The previous owner got rid of the tpms sensors and I have no interest of putting 4 new ones in. Iím sick of seeing seeing the low pressure message on the gauge cluster. I do have access to a bidirectional scanner.
It may have that capability but, for sure you can do it with an HP Tuner. It's not worth the price of the tuner though if that's all you're planning to do.

06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, AFE Air Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS and HP tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam w/6* advance/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's. Also 05 Hemi LX modded exactly like WK and Comp Cammed 06 300CSRT8.
post #10 of 15 Old 12-13-2019, 04:05 AM
RoyalHawk
2010 WK 

Garage
Quote:
No current DTC
Pressure fine, WCN and CCN data showing tire 1 - driver side - pressure 248.1-255.1 (osclilating front- rear) & status "normal", tire 2 -passenger side-(same values) and tire 3 spare - status "normal".
My experience (2010 S-Limited): Last summer I destroyed the rear wheel and the relevant TPMS sensor. Used the spare tire for a while (couple of week) , until the new sensor was arriving at home (I bought a commercial sensor).
When the sensor arrived, it was installed on the new tire and remounted in the same position of the old one. Drove the car for several km, thinking that the system will realign itself. (some years ago it worked like this with an OEM sensor)
After some days, I saw that the new sensor was still not detected. With the Witech and Micropod II, I "confirmed" (it was already present and in the right place) the new sensor ID.
From this point on, the sensor was detected and working well. After some days, I got the "service pressure system" msg, but all the reading were fine. Reset the msg on the EVIC and, for a couple of weeks, it doesn't apperas anymore. After that, at regular intervals of about 10 days, I got the same msg for few seconds. Deflated and inflated again the wheel at right pressure, the msg desappered since a couple of months.

Marco - Location: Italy
2010 GC WH S-Limited 3.0 CRD
post #11 of 15 Old 12-13-2019, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Wrangie

What pressure threshold do you use guys on 35's?
Updating to 40 psi scheme cleared the message, will see if it appears again
RoyalHawk likes this.
post #12 of 15 Old 12-15-2019, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
Wrangie

And...is back.
Since there are no DTC s but it keep showing, i was assuming that it s have to be something related with the pressure itself...any other thoughts guys?
post #13 of 15 Old 12-15-2019, 06:07 PM
yzjwk

2005 WK 

Quote:
No current DTC
Sounds like you have the premium TPMS system that displays the pressure in the evic?
If so check the wiring and connections of the transceiver in the wheel well of the wheel youíre having issues with. If the wheel issue is with the one rear wheel without a transceiver then you might have a signal strength issue.

Did you happen to change rims too ?

5 and counting :05 WK 5.7 HEMI
90 YJ Islander 4.2L
94 ZJ Ltd 5.2 ,00 WJ 4.0
2010 MK Patriot
post #14 of 15 Old 12-17-2019, 02:18 AM
RoyalHawk
2010 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzjwk View Post
Sounds like you have the premium TPMS system that displays the pressure in the evic?
If so check the wiring and connections of the transceiver in the wheel well of the wheel youíre having issues with. If the wheel issue is with the one rear wheel without a transceiver then you might have a signal strength issue.

Did you happen to change rims too ?
were is located the transceiver ? Is it near the wheel ?

Marco - Location: Italy
2010 GC WH S-Limited 3.0 CRD
post #15 of 15 Old 12-17-2019, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Wrangie

I currentlly don t have any DTC s so it can t be a wirring issue.
Also the transceivers are working fine
All 3 of them.
First is located on the front left , second to the front right, and 3 rd on the rear right.
So far i rewrite them on WCM but still have it.Change the pressure thresolds on almost all variant..still have it.
Then set the pressure down to 2 bar, got a code of low pressure for just 2 of them, make the pressure 2.5 and so far is fine for 2 days.
Fingers crossed XXX
RoyalHawk likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in