Buying items for a Jeep WK build. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 02-06-2015, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
instance
2005 WK 

Buying items for a Jeep WK build.

So I am off to college, and have had my 2005 jeep grand cherokee limited for over a year now. 5.7L Hemi, and it is black. I plan on buffing it up. I will be getting a suspension lift which i havent decided on what to go with, XD series rims, and some 265/70 duractracs. Other accessories include wheel spacers, tinted head/tail lights, darker windows, and maybe some audio work.

Does anyone have any ideas on what suspension lift i should go with? Would a budget booster be worth it? And how much do you guys think this would cost?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-10-2015, 09:35 AM
RIP John

2012 JK Wrangler 

Moved from the Jeep Buying forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2011-2016)
post #3 of 9 Old 02-10-2015, 10:55 AM
skibum555
2005 WK 

The budget boost is sufficient for looks and lite off road use. If you are really looking for performance more than looks then go with the Old Man Emu lift. It is a spring lift not spacers so the ride is better. also if you haven't already, factor in the cost to replace struts and shocks, if you are tearing it apart you might as well put in new shocks and struts. If they are original they are worn out. use the money to buy a better lift rather than tint and audio work. The budget boost is fine if you are set on it but it doesn't compare to the OME lift. it will set you back around 700. contact Kolak on this forum and he will make you a deal. or crawloffroad.com I think is the other guy who sells OME lifts at a good price.

Jeepin ain't easy...
Proud Member of the BlAcK wK club
MEMBER #105

post #4 of 9 Old 02-10-2015, 02:51 PM
luckyse7ens
2010 XK Commander 

OME HD lift would be the most recommended cost effective lift. You can buy it springs only, or with shocks and struts. This will offer you ~3" lift and an improved ride.

Your shocks and struts should be replaced with most lifts, and are completely worn out @ this point most likely anyways.

Wheel spacers are completely unnecessary if you are replacing your wheels. Get your wheels with the right backspacing.

Black WK Club #152
post #5 of 9 Old 02-14-2015, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
instance
2005 WK 

Thanks for the advice. I guess the springs/struts would be worn out if their factory on a 2005. Even if wheel spacers are not necessary, I still would like to include them. I am more for looks than performance off-roading. Is the OME a significant difference riding in town? Also, i might change my mind about XD series wheels because I saw some WK's with wrangler JK moabs. Havent decided yet, anyone know names of some other nice 17" black wheels?
post #6 of 9 Old 02-14-2015, 10:45 PM
BigAl18

Fuel offroad rims are nice.
post #7 of 9 Old 02-15-2015, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
instance
2005 WK 

Users with the OME lift - Does the OME have a significant difference driving on pavement?
post #8 of 9 Old 02-16-2015, 05:27 PM
luckyse7ens
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by instance View Post
Users with the OME lift - Does the OME have a significant difference driving on pavement?
My understanding is yes.

It is definitely a higher spring rate

Black WK Club #152
post #9 of 9 Old 02-16-2015, 09:49 PM
SRB79Ultras

2005 WK 

I know that you like the look of spacers but I'll definitely second what someone said above - if you are already getting different wheels, just make sure you get the ones with proper back spacing and you will have the same visual effect the spacers would give you, without the liability that the spacers are. I mean - I currently run them on stock ronninII rims, but Im just saying that it would be crazy to go with them if you are already getting different wheels. Also, check out my build thread for another lift alternative.
Good luck!

www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/srb79ultras-05-wk-4-7l-build-thread-2802146/

Tags
advice , build , jeep , lift , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in