attention all WK & XK OWNERS - JeepForum.com
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 09-09-2021, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Doright
1981 CJ7 

Garage
attention all WK & XK OWNERS

Superlift and AEV have abandoned any and all support for products they may have produced even 30 days ago! your 4 inch lift kits are now worthless!!!!! so is your truck If you didn't keep your old parts during the modifications you will need to buy all new parts! rendering you truck undrivable if your EGR box Quits working or you break a Knuckle. with NO way to get replacement parts.

Superlift understands the problem and could care less about your problems.

If your Electronics box gives out or you break a Knuckle you are now SOL! SCRAP YOUR TRUCK! They don't care!

They dont care wont give you any alternatives! OR a refund they don't care about your problems only theirs! they will no longer support your parts.

Your truck is now WORTHLESS as you cant buy any parts for any lift kits they may have made for the 4 inch lift kit! past present or future.

I dont know weather to be happy or sad that I got screwed out of buying one of these kits for my truck as I was really looking forward to building this truck.
I encourage all to avoid buying any and all Super lift products going forward and avoid any and all products developed by AEV

May they Both die a slow and painful death for abandoning their customers!

Please respond by calling Superlift and AEV and complaining of the lack of support! for the WK and XK models.
Both of these company's got big building Jeep products, I pray the Jeep community puts them in their place.

Just because the WK and XK are little loved few produced and limited in production is no reason to abandon support for kits already produced let alone others like myself who want to buy one.
I have already told these company's I am willing to pay a premium for this kit they don't care and are not making a Backorder list to make more kits.

I am sure the CJ7 is next to be dropped

Last edited by Doright; 09-09-2021 at 08:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 09-09-2021, 08:45 PM
Vertisce21

Dude...kinda overreacting here. My vehicle isn't worthless regardless of what I install on it. If AEV and Superlift are no longer manufacturing their products, that's their decision. There ARE other options available besides those two vendors. If you have an item from them that is still in warranty with them and it breaks under that warranty, that's an issue to take up with them at that time.

This really isn't worth all the pitchforks and fire.
badgerwithhands likes this.
post #3 of 21 Old 09-09-2021, 09:33 PM
elfirebird
2005 WK 

I get the frustration but companies drop products all the time. We cant expect them to continue producing something that isn't profitable or they wouldn't be able to stay in business and produce anything. The WK/XK platform sadly is one that has been overlooked by a lot of people, but it hasn't been built in over a decade. I'm honestly amazed they were even still building the Superlift, not just because it cost over $2000 but that it took 10+ labor hours to install it, taking it close to $3000 BEFORE wheels and tires.

If you only want 4-5" inches of lift, there are other ways to do it, IE a hybrid lift with a diff drop in the front.

2005 LTD Deep Beryl Green 5.7 QD2 "Loki"

post #4 of 21 Old 09-09-2021, 09:41 PM
elfirebird
2005 WK 

Additionally, you dont need a Superlift to run 33's since I saw in your other post that's what you wanted to run. As long as you fold the pinch weld and deal with the plastic hump in the wheel well where the pinch weld went, you can do it with a 2" inch lift which is ridiculously affordable. I think I paid $200 for mine. The AEV Procal is completely unnecessary for a 2 inch lift, and I'm fairly certain there are people who run their hybrid lifts without the AEV Procal anyway.

I had 285/70/17 (33.15" x 11.8") E Load Trail Grapplers on mine with a Daystar lift and nothing else except for 17x8" 0 offset wheels after doing the pinch welds and I had no issues whatsoever. It'd have fit a little more easily if I had some 8" wide wheels with a +15 to +35 offset, but it was fine at the time.
nwoods likes this.

post #5 of 21 Old 09-10-2021, 11:47 AM
bobwatford123
2006 WK 

On a related note....I'm boycotting Ford. Went in to the dealership to get a new rim for my Model T the other day as one had warped. Those BASTARDS didn't make them anymore ! Outraged.....I took my Model T to the wreckers yesterday as it was clearly now worthless. ;-)
badgerwithhands likes this.
post #6 of 21 Old 09-10-2021, 02:48 PM
RCS1300
2005 WK 

Kidding aside, I am starting to worry about finding basic replacement parts for my 2005 as it is now 16 years old.
post #7 of 21 Old 09-10-2021, 04:45 PM
elfirebird
2005 WK 

I don't think that should be a big concern. They're still all over the place so parts won't be an issue for awhile. Might have to dig deep to find certain ones and look at different suppliers. It took me awhile to find airbox clips but I finally picked some up at a junkyard for five bucks.

post #8 of 21 Old 09-11-2021, 01:02 PM
Mainsail
2005 WK 

The OP is either naive or delusional, and it's likely due to the sense of entitlement so many of the younger folks believe they're due.

The sole purpose of a business is to make money for the owner(s) or stockholders. There is no business that exists to provide jobs, provide healthcare, or endlessly support a past customer. Business decisions are made with one question in mind; will this make us more money? If the answer is no, they choose a different path, drop product lines, or otherwise make adjustments to the business plan.

The WK series is getting old, and the customer base (which was already small) is shrinking. Don't expect support on anything you've purchased for yours.

Poor grammar is something up with which I shall not put.
post #9 of 21 Old 09-11-2021, 03:10 PM
GRAND420

Not to mention our Grand Cherokee generation sold the least out of any other due to it coming out when fuel efficiency was becoming a high priority.
post #10 of 21 Old 09-14-2021, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Doright
1981 CJ7 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
The OP is either naive or delusional, and it's likely due to the sense of entitlement so many of the younger folks believe they're due.

You would be wrong about that sir

There is a Federal law on the books that says a mfg must supply replacement parts for products produced for 10 years not from the original date released but from the date of last product sold.

While some may find it unpractical for small business to do this and it is large corporations such as Superlift can afford to pass on costs to the consumer as what should have happened in this case.

The Electronic Geometry Recalibration (EGR) Module for the Electronic Stability Program Is very unique to these trucks. It is one of the parts included in the kit and had to be replaced with their unit, without it or when it fails and lets the magic smoke out it will leave customers of superlift with an unsafe rig to drive and no replacement parts available.

I am more upset about not supporting their customers purchased products with replacement parts than I am about dropping the product.

If you think I am wrong call super lift talk to them on the technical side they told me as I am sure they will tell you when the EGR box goes out the truck will be unsafe to drive.

Perhaps after Hiway safety is involved in a few accident investigations where People are hurt or worse? by people driving their unsafe trucks with a bad EGR box then we may see a full recall of the lifts.
post #11 of 21 Old 09-14-2021, 12:22 PM
acabtp
2005 WK 

Garage
sorry bud, but this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doright View Post
There is a Federal law on the books that says a mfg must supply replacement parts for products produced for 10 years not from the original date released but from the date of last product sold.
...is a myth/urban legend/wishful thinking

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/202...for-older-cars

'05 WK Limited 5.7 Hemi
post #12 of 21 Old 09-14-2021, 02:31 PM
elfirebird
2005 WK 

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/...think-4356939/

The module isn't necessary whatsoever. It just prevents some premature Stability Control/ABS activation for off-camber corners like turning into a driveway fast.

Other functions? It can modify the tire size (for correcting the speedometer) and gear ratios, enables one touch lane change and reverse mirror tilt. It says on Page 3 (http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/94979.pdf) that it corrects LOW SPEED false activations of the Stability Control system.

This system operates based on the vehicles geometry. Increased angles plus speed makes the Stability Control think the Jeep is about to flip. If you dont drive like a moron attempting to do tight, fast turns (particularly uphill or downhill) the factory system runs fine.

In short, spend the same amount of money you would've on a Superlift and run a modified OME Lift with geometry correcting UCAs. Either get RCV's for the front end or front differential drop kit (which will eventually require a front driveshaft) and a Flashpaq or equivalent and you'd have 95% of the Superlift for 70% of the price.

post #13 of 21 Old 09-14-2021, 06:36 PM
Mainsail
2005 WK 

Quote:

Citation please.

Poor grammar is something up with which I shall not put.
post #14 of 21 Old 09-14-2021, 09:30 PM
JeepLibertyKK
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:

I'd like to see you quote the specifics of that law. I'd be surprised if you are interpreting it correctly. I believe there is a law with auto manufactures producing a NEW VEHICLE and having to have OEM parts available for some specific period of time, possibly ten years. I think after-market parts aren't applicable, but you could prove me wrong as I don't follow that type of stuff.

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4-Wheel Drive
post #15 of 21 Old 09-15-2021, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Doright
1981 CJ7 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepLibertyKK View Post
I'd like to see you quote the specifics of that law. I'd be surprised if you are interpreting it correctly. I believe there is a law with auto manufactures producing a NEW VEHICLE and having to have OEM parts available for some specific period of time, possibly ten years. I think after-market parts aren't applicable, but you could prove me wrong as I don't follow that type of stuff.

It is for manufactures I don't think its ever been applied to the aftermarket but their is always a first time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in