• 1 Post By Kolak
  • 1 Post By LukeLaGrange

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-23-2019, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
rokrau
2008 WK 

Any recommendations on brakes and rotors

Folks,
I am on for new brakes and rotors. Wondered what the common wisdom here is.
What and where to buy? Are expensive kits worth it?
Anything in particular to avoid?

It's for my 2008 WK 3.0 CRD if that matters.
Thanks in advance!

--Roland, 2008 Grand Cherokee Overland, 3.0 CRD, EHM and TRD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-23-2019, 08:03 PM
Zroe89

I piece mealed a "kit" of Centric Stoptech slotted rotors ( they actually have directional vanes as well for better cooling) with NAPA selection pads they are two different ceramic compounds, low dust on the outside and better grip on the inside.

For Calipers it's a matter of opinion, I now prefer local shop calipers with lifetime warranty because dealing with shipping for a replacement part while your car is on jackstands is not fun.

Let me know if you need links or part numbers.

PS. I have these parts on a CRD as well and the brakes will pop dentures out compared to the stock stuff I took off.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
post #3 of 6 Old 05-24-2019, 12:21 AM
Kolak
Vendor

I've recommended rotors and pads from Stillen (Steve Millen Motorsports) for about 20 years now. They do a fantastic job - all their machining is done in their southern CA facility and the quality is outstanding.

Many, many Jeep owners here on the forum have Stillen rotors and pads and I know you'd really appreciate the performance gains, including better stopping power and fade resistance, as well as freedom from warping. They're great if you do any towing or drive in mountainous terrain.

If you'd like more information, please PM me here on the forum or email me at [email protected]
LukeLaGrange likes this.

Kolak Performance and Offroad
Member: Specialty Equipment Market Association
Telephone: 480 998-3661

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old 05-24-2019, 05:07 AM
LukeLaGrange

Got my Stillens from Kolak and love them. They are pricey when compared to "budget" options but there's a noticeable difference in stopping power/performance.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Kolak likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-24-2019, 05:39 AM
ZEN357

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokrau View Post
Folks,
I am on for new brakes and rotors. Wondered what the common wisdom here is.
What and where to buy? Are expensive kits worth it?
Anything in particular to avoid?

It's for my 2008 WK 3.0 CRD if that matters.
Thanks in advance!
I swear by PowerStop rotors and pads. Here's the Z/26 set for your model. Jegs is running 10% off for Memorial day too. I got the email last night.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Power-Stop/419/K2220-26/10002/-1
post #6 of 6 Old 05-24-2019, 06:46 AM
Over-land
2007 WK 

I have a full set of EBC slotted rotors and the green pads. They are fantastic and I have over 40K of trouble free miles on them so far. I tow a lot and it's a huge upgrade from stock and great initial bite however they do run a little dirty but its a Jeep so who cares.

I had a full set of the PowerStops on my WJ and they were horrible, I actually had MORE fade than my stock brakes if you can believe that and yes I broke them in exactly as described by the instructions. They look cool but that's about it in my experience. Plus I wasn't so happy to find out they are made in China.

07 CRD QD2 GDE ECO Tune OEM DPF Delete Russian Silicone hose kit JBA Arms OME lift Rubi wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in