Aftermarket stereo - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By technik

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-14-2016, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
2007laredowk
2006 WK 

Aftermarket stereo

Is it possible to install an aftermarket stereo with the Boston Acoustics Speakers and amp?, Will that setup work without cutting or splicing wires?, Maybe just the adapter for the stereo but without the need to cut wires.

I fit works and if the stereo has the RCA output available, Can I install a subwoofer without messing with the speakers?, It would be just the Subwoofer RCA output that I would be using.

I've heard people say to just install an aftermarket amp to power some new speakers and leave the stock amp unused and remove the stock speakers but once you start to do that more and more things come up to install and it will get pricey very quickly. The stock speakers sound good enough for now, maybe later I will change them but right now it's the stereo I'm interested in upgrading.

The stereo would be a double din with capability for a backup camera if that matters, and the truck is an '06 Limited WK.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-01-2016, 09:56 PM
patrick_lyons

Garage
Check out Crutchfield. They have a lot of good quality audio parts and they check for compatibility and fitment. They send free installation hardware and detailed spec sheets covering your whole jeep's audio system. In my jeep I have a pioneer touch screen head unit which has a sub out, rca in (for backup cam), and you don't need to cut any factory wires. Im installing my sub this weekend and I'll give you any updates if need be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 Old 12-02-2016, 08:31 AM
technik

2007 WK 

If you have the Boston system, you will need the Canbus adapter between your aftermarket stereo and the Jeep's amplifier in order for it to function. Crutchfield sells the part, or you can look it up there and find it on Amazon. It is a plug and play system with the exception of having to connect your stereo's wiring harness to the adapter. No factory wiring is cut.

They also have a version of the adapter that allows you to retain your factory steering wheel controls, but it costs a little more.
bensylrm likes this.

'07 WK Laredo 4.7L QTII | Silver WK Club Member #143
'07 Compass 2.4L 4x4
'98 Cherokee 4.0L 4x4

Tags
sound system , speakers , stereo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in