200k suspension recommendations - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 02-23-2020, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
fishinbama
2007 WK 

200k suspension recommendations

Hi all, I am nearing the 200 k service and deciding what all to do. I've got a small front end suspension clunk. It's barely anything honestly but I'm proactive on things. I'm sitting on the original hubs and lower control arms but I can't tell anything is loose from visual and hands on inspection. Maybe it takes more force to induce? Thinking about just replacing the hubs and LCA. What would you do?

2007 limited crd 2wd, 3.07 ratio, GDE eco tune, dpf delete, tnadanzig resonator delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-23-2020, 02:46 PM
90grandoneer

2006 WK 

If you're interested, I'll give you my 2 cents worth. I am pretty proactive also, but I won't replace parts just to replace parts, unless they're obviously bad or it's something that could leave me stranded somewhere. It's pretty easy to tell the condition of suspension components, not so much on some of the other stuff. Most of the front/rear suspension components can be re-bushed and/or new ball joints/tie rod ends installed, and the hubs usually give you fair warning before there is a big problem. With 200K on yours, if it hasn't had previous suspension work done on it, you've certainly gotten your $$$$ worth and very likely may be due a fair amount of work. My Jeep required a fair amount of work at around 100K but my 300C SRT8 had 164K on it with no suspension work ever being done. At that point, it needed almost everything though, except the stock shocks/struts are still pretty good. Sure makes a difference with all new stuff though.

06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, AFE Air Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS and HP tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam w/6* advance/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's. Also 05 Hemi LX modded exactly like WK and Comp Cammed 06 300CSRT8.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-23-2020, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
fishinbama
2007 WK 

So far I've only put on sway bar bushings, shocks and end links. I can't feel any obvious issues either with a hands on inspection. Thinking of just replacing upper and lower control arms and hubs or just wait until an obvious failure(what I usually do).

2007 limited crd 2wd, 3.07 ratio, GDE eco tune, dpf delete, tnadanzig resonator delete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in