2008 JGC window problems!! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-06-2021, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
jgcarmen

2008 JGC window problems!!

Hello All, I've been chasing an electrical issue with my son's 08 GC. One day all the windows stopped working and the window breaker under the dash started tripping (keeps clicking). So I went through the process of elimination to see what it could be. checked & replaced the wiring on the front doors and replaced the door window switches. It turns out if I leave one of the plugs unplugged on the drivers door switch module the clicking stops and the front windows work. Front passengers window only with the drivers switch. I disconnected the wiring harnesses from both back doors to see if they might be the cause of the clicking but it still clicks when I plug in the last plug at the drivers door. The one I'm leaving unplugged is the larger of the two on the back of the drivers door switch module. Has anybody else run in to this problem? It's got me stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-07-2021, 02:18 PM
nwoods
2006 WK 

Garage
I do not know what's causing your issue and it sounds like one of things things that would be a bear to troubleshoot. However, one potential culprit you didn't mention is the wiring loom through the door hinge? These are prone to get brittle and break wires or cause intermittent contact as the door is opened/closed. Have you checked? Start with the drivers door obviously. Peel back the rubber cover over the loom and look carefully at all the wires.

Here is a sample image (not from a jeep)

2006 Jeep WK on 33ís
HAM: KI6FPO
Offroad Photography:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-08-2021, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
jgcarmen

Nwoods, thanks for the reply. I actually checked that on all 4 doors. I unplugged them at the door jamb and inspected them on my bench. I even replaced the ones on the front doors just in case. I did find some bad wires on one from the back doors. Right now I have not put them back in so there is nothing running to the back doors and it still clicks when push the plug in on the drivers door switch. At this point I think the only thing I can do is trace the 8 wires that are in that plug and see where they go. It could be awhile before I do that.

post #4 of 8 Old 10-12-2021, 08:52 AM
badgerwithhands
2007 WK 

Garage
It could also be a faulty switch you are plugging in to.

07 WK Overland CRD, cargo LEDs, OME HD, MOPAR skids, rack,
future mods: tires, lights, CB, skids,
post #5 of 8 Old 10-13-2021, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
jgcarmen

I did replace the driver door module with a used one so it is possible it's faulty. When I get a chance I'll swap it out again and see what happens. Better to try that before I go pulling more wires!
thanks Badger.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-14-2021, 11:33 AM
Billbo1970
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgcarmen View Post
I did replace the driver door module with a used one so it is possible it's faulty. When I get a chance I'll swap it out again and see what happens. Better to try that before I go pulling more wires!
thanks Badger.
I got this one on Amazon for $21 7 months ago, and it's been working just fine:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Regards,
Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 8 Old 10-15-2021, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
jgcarmen

that's great. I'll give it a shot. thanks Billbo.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-17-2021, 07:17 AM
SKALA308
2010 WK 

shortly after I bought my present 2010 hemi, the right front window (driver side, since South Africa is right hand drive) would not function. Even the passenger side would act up when using the "master control" on driver side. Could not hear any click sounds as mentioned above.

Removed and stripped the switch assembly as much as was possible and checked for broken wires, non found. Sprayed switch contacts with cleaner, reassembled and one year later still no problem. But also obtained spare switch unit via Amazon. Tested it and is working correctly.

2010 WK 5.7 Eagle Head hemi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in