2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK LIFT & TIRES - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 04-21-2013, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Calderone1059

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK LIFT & TIRES

2007 WK JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO 4x2/4.7L V8

I want to lift my Jeep with a COIL SPACER LIFT, but unsure of what lift to buy. I want to also know if I go up 2 inches, will I be able to squeeze 32 inch tires? I'm thinking I might have to do some cutting, but we will see. Also most of these lifts are 2.25 in the front and like 1.25 in the front, but could be wrong. If anyone has any insight as to what combination of lift and tires to buy please let me know. I don't want to spend a lot on a lift, but get my bang for my buck with 32s. Thanks guys!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-22-2013, 12:07 AM
ca07wk
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderone1059 View Post
2007 WK JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO 4x2/4.7L V8

I want to lift my Jeep with a COIL SPACER LIFT, but unsure of what lift to buy. I want to also know if I go up 2 inches, will I be able to squeeze 32 inch tires? I'm thinking I might have to do some cutting, but we will see. Also most of these lifts are 2.25 in the front and like 1.25 in the front, but could be wrong. If anyone has any insight as to what combination of lift and tires to buy please let me know. I don't want to spend a lot on a lift, but get my bang for my buck with 32s. Thanks guys!
The daystar and rough country are good spacer lifts. You can easily fit a 265/70/17 (31.5) with a wheel spacer and pinch weld mod, and some have even fit a 285/70/17 (32.5).

Crawl-Offroad.com-Boycott Paved Roads
2006 WK Limited Modified QT2
OME HD/RRO UCA/Wrangler MTRs on Moabs/JKS Rear Discos/Steel Armadillo Skids, Sliders,Front Shackles,Antenna Mount/Crawl Rear Skid
post #3 of 11 Old 04-24-2013, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Calderone1059

Now what exactly is a pinch weld mod? I know it has something to do with inner wheel well mod and weld, but not sure. On those lifts all that is a 2 inch coil lift? Correct? Do I have to replace shocks and spring? Appreciate the advice.

post #4 of 11 Old 04-24-2013, 09:50 AM
ca07wk
2007 WK 

Quote:
Now what exactly is a pinch weld mod? I know it has something to do with inner wheel well mod and weld, but not sure. On those lifts all that is a 2 inch coil lift? Correct? Do I have to replace shocks and spring? Appreciate the advice.
One of the many pinch weld mod how to's
https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/m...l#post13436206

Yes, both of those are 2 inch coil lifts
You do not have to replace the shocks or springs with the spacer lift, it is however recommended to run a 2" longer rear shock

Crawl-Offroad.com-Boycott Paved Roads
2006 WK Limited Modified QT2
OME HD/RRO UCA/Wrangler MTRs on Moabs/JKS Rear Discos/Steel Armadillo Skids, Sliders,Front Shackles,Antenna Mount/Crawl Rear Skid
post #5 of 11 Old 04-24-2013, 11:48 AM
dsjr2006

2006 WK 

Please search lift or just scroll through

SOLD :( - '06 Limited Hemi QDII | 05-08 WK Service Manual PDF:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 Old 04-24-2013, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Calderone1059

Ca07wk, thanks for the advice and input. Much appreciated. Do you know the wheel spacer dimensions or size?

Dsjr2006- rather than insulting my intelligence of knowing about a new vehicle I bought, "please search lift, or scroll through". What kind of remark is that keep the negativity to yourself. If you want to help thanks, if not don't waste my time. I want a badass cherokee done right just like the rest of y'all so chill out.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-24-2013, 11:11 PM
rubiconkid4x4

2007 WK 

Quote:
Ca07wk, thanks for the advice and input. Much appreciated. Do you know the wheel spacer dimensions or size?

Dsjr2006- rather than insulting my intelligence of knowing about a new vehicle I bought, "please search lift, or scroll through". What kind of remark is that keep the negativity to yourself. If you want to help thanks, if not don't waste my time. I want a badass cherokee done right just like the rest of y'all so chill out.
Hey dude, I don't think Dsjr was trying to insult you. I think if anything he was just trying to point out that there is a search tool, and in the "Rules and Guidelines" sticky, it does say use search to see if there is a thread out there already addressing the subject of your prospective thread. Just throwing that out there. But welcome to the forum and look forward to seeing your WK progress!

2007 WK - 5.7L - QDII
post #8 of 11 Old 04-26-2013, 10:11 AM
dsjr2006

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderone1059

It wasn't meant to be an insult. I simply wanted to point out that these questions have literally been addressed 100 or more times and all of the threads contain the same info. There are a ton of lift and tire threads. I went through the same process not too long ago so I know the info is readily available without creating another thread asking the same questions, which actually wastes everyone else time answering the same ones asked last week.

SOLD :( - '06 Limited Hemi QDII | 05-08 WK Service Manual PDF:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 11 Old 04-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Budasac

2005 WK 

Quote:

Welcome to Jeep Forum. You will find a wealth of information here (if you search). I know you are new here, and that many online forums can be quite hostile, however, I think you'll find JF (particularly the WK/XK section) to be very civil and helpful. As has been stated, there are at least 25 similar threads that will pop up in a search. That said, I would look at the "sticky" threads at the top of the page. There are pics of most guys rigs up there with all the info your looking for listed - lift, tire size, etc. Read through and figure out what you like , then ask any SPECIFIC questions you may have. I think you'll find you'll get a better response. Good luck with you're build.

That is all, carry on.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-27-2013, 05:56 PM
ducktail
2009 WK 

Addressed or not, as time goes on there will be new info, and opinions. New questions don't hurt.

2009 GC Limited. 265 70 18 is the only change to date. Bought some Rubicon 17" wheels and put BFG M/T's on for hunting season OME HD Front, OME MD rear, winch to come, basket and lights bars first
post #11 of 11 Old 05-03-2013, 02:00 PM
cherrybomb05

2010 JK Wrangler 

Hey, you pm box is full Cal, but the tires are 31.6 inches

07 WK
10 JKUR
11 JKR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in