2006 Service 4wd questions - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chirpz

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-29-2017, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Crozier0926

2006 Service 4wd questions

New to the grand cherokee world so hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. Ive bought a 2006 Laredo with 110,000 miles on it as a work car, get it home and start having the "service 4wd system" message pop up. After researching i figured it just has never had the recall done. Called the dealer and it did indeed already have the recall done. After reading forums i figured it was an actuator, i got 2 actuators sent in today and was going to swap both of them out, when i opened the rear case i noticed that it didnt have an actuator. With that being said i assume i have the quadra-trac 2 system instead of the quadra-drive. Theres not many videos on the the quadra trac system so i was wondering if theres a fix to the trac system i need to go after first to fix the problem. I havent started on the front diff because im not sure whats even up there after realizing the rear doesnt have an actuator. Im very mechanically inclined, just zero jeep grand cherokee knowledge. Someone help me before i catch this thing on fire.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-29-2017, 05:43 PM
underscore
2007 WK 

Have you pulled the codes?

07 WK CRD//QDII//OME MD//MALONE 1.5//OMG WTF BBQ
post #3 of 5 Old 11-29-2017, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Crozier0926

I havent been able to get any codes to show up. Im going to try a buddies scanner tomorrow. maybe its just my scanner

post #4 of 5 Old 11-29-2017, 08:41 PM
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Garage
Look at the rear Diff. If the cover has 12 bolts, it is Quadra DRIVE... if not, it is Quadra track. Simple to check. Most QDII also has some label on the shift console, but not all.

Codes.... most inexpensive scanner will not detect 4x4 codes. If you buy the $99.00 Bluedriver scanner, it will detect most codes including 4x4 codes. I'm not saying all, because I don't know that. But I have detected 4x4 codes using mine that others could not touch.
Commander2007AB likes this.

Chirpz
2007 WK CRD, Quadradrive II, OEM Tow Hitch, GDE EcoTune, DPF-Delete, 4xGuard Front, Rear, Belly Guards, Side Rails & Full Matrix, OEM Skids, EHM, Dash Duck.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-30-2017, 12:29 AM
underscore
2007 WK 

Given the age of these vehicles the badge alone can't be trusted, there was a guy on FB who picked up a WK which had the badge but it was actually a 2WD model. Whether that was intentional deception by someone or just a coincidence when replacing a damaged part is hard to say. Either way it can happen.

07 WK CRD//QDII//OME MD//MALONE 1.5//OMG WTF BBQ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in