2006 Grand Cherokee Limited. - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 11-15-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
DAReeves
2006 WK 

2006 Grand Cherokee Limited.

New member to Jeep forum. Can anyone advise what lift, 2", 3", 4" , would be best for a Wk to run 32" tires ? From what I've read the OME lift kits seem pretty good?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 12-08-2019, 11:53 PM
BLaCK_WK
2005 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAReeves View Post
New member to Jeep forum. Can anyone advise what lift, 2", 3", 4" , would be best for a Wk to run 32" tires ? From what I've read the OME lift kits seem pretty good?
I have a 05 limited wk. I bought the rough country 2 inch lift and level kit although its just a block spacer lift. I had the same set up on my wj and it worked great. On my wk it rides quite a bit more stiff. I bought the recommended tire size by Rough Country (265/70/17) and in packing them in the rear with quite a bit of rubbing on the front side of the wheel wells. Many people run 32s on this sized lift and find the inside tab of the fender literally cutting through the tire. The fronts of the rear fenders will still probably rub a bit on a 3inch lift. Although I would recommend a tad bit smaller tire the 32's look freaking awesome with a bit of backspacing.

If I were you I would buy the rough country spacers with new front and rear shocks leaving the coils in the rear on the spacers and stock coils on the new rc block lift and new shocks. My buddy did this with bilstein 5100's (like 100-200 a shock) and I love the ride.

If your are good for a little fab work here is a good forum for very mild cutting of the fenders look on the wk forum.

You'll have to type that link into google, It wouldn't allow me to type out the url.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 11.51.49 PM.jpg  
post #3 of 16 Old 12-09-2019, 12:46 AM
Kolak
Vendor

How many miles do you have on your WK? Are you running the original struts and shocks?

Kolak Performance and Offroad
Member: Specialty Equipment Market Association
Telephone: 480 998-3661

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 Old 12-09-2019, 10:50 AM
Raffish
2005 WK 

What are you driving, how far has it driven, powered by what? (fill out your sig for faster and applicable answers)

Either way I'd highly recommend OME from Kolak (unless you live on one of the frozen levels of hell like I do, then possibly consider Bilsteins as the Aussies only engineered to -20C)

My OME shocks and struts died in a year but were warrantied with no hassle..
Kolak likes this.

05 WK Limited 5.7, QDII, OME HD, 265/70/17 1.25" Spydertrax, CC, MBRP SS, 250xxxkms
post #5 of 16 Old 12-09-2019, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
DAReeves
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffish View Post
What are you driving, how far has it driven, powered by what? (fill out your sig for faster and applicable answers)

Either way I'd highly recommend OME from Kolak (unless you live on one of the frozen levels of hell like I do, then possibly consider Bilsteins as the Aussies only engineered to -20C)

My OME shocks and struts died in a year but were warrantied with no hassle..
What is A"sig"?

I'm still trying to figure out how this site works, I thought I had filled out the jeep description. I ckicked om my profile and it was all listed there.

Anyway, it's an o6 Wk limited with the 5.7L Hemi and has a 137K on it for miles. I bought it from the original owner who did little maintenance but the body is in great shape. I picked it up for $3800.00, I looked at a couple hundred of the WKs and figured as long as the body and skin were in great shape i would probably end up replacing all bushings, suspension and front steering components anyway.
I would like to run 265/70/17 tires without cutting up the unibody. I keep hearing about a modified OME lift, it that OME spring with spacers on top of the springs and struts?
post #6 of 16 Old 12-09-2019, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
DAReeves
2006 WK 

I have 137K on the 06 WK and i've only had it for a month and am planning what mods i need to do. A lift and tires are going to be first. I would like to run 265/70/17 tires without cutting up the unibody. I keep hearing about a modified OME lift, it that OME spring with spacers on top of the springs and struts? It is all stock and am pretty sure it still has original struts and shocks.
post #7 of 16 Old 12-09-2019, 10:57 PM
Kolak
Vendor

The OME lift will be an excellent choice for that tire size. It replaces the springs, struts and shocks and offers great ride and handling.

You'll probably want to also replace your rubber spring isolators given the number of miles you have on your Jeep. They get all cracked and distorted over time. Last thing you want is to have to take everything apart to replace the isolators later.

Will you be running stock wheels? If so, wheel spacers should be used for proper clearance given the 265 tire width.

Quote:
I have 137K on the 06 WK and i've only had it for a month and am planning what mods i need to do. A lift and tires are going to be first. I would like to run 265/70/17 tires without cutting up the unibody. I keep hearing about a modified OME lift, it that OME spring with spacers on top of the springs and struts? It is all stock and am pretty sure it still has original struts and shocks.

or
post #8 of 16 Old 12-10-2019, 10:32 AM
Raffish
2005 WK 

sig = signature, the footer on some peoples posts, filled with relevant info like year, engine, mods etc, helps people respond with relevant info. And yes this site can be confusing.

265/70/17 is a nice tire for this rig, and the pinch weld mod is pretty easy and probably needed

05 WK Limited 5.7, QDII, OME HD, 265/70/17 1.25" Spydertrax, CC, MBRP SS, 250xxxkms
post #9 of 16 Old 12-11-2019, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
DAReeves
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak View Post
The OME lift will be an excellent choice for that tire size. It replaces the springs, struts and shocks and offers great ride and handling.

You'll probably want to also replace your rubber spring isolators given the number of miles you have on your Jeep. They get all cracked and distorted over time. Last thing you want is to have to take everything apart to replace the isolators later.

Will you be running stock wheels? If so, wheel spacers should be used for proper clearance given the 265 tire width.
I am planning on running the stock wheels. If I use wheel spacers, can I avoid the pinch weld and rear fender mods. How thick of wheel spacer will I need?

Can you price me the lift kit and should we move this to emails?
post #10 of 16 Old 12-11-2019, 11:29 AM
underscore
2007 WK 

Spacers (or lower offset wheels) make you need the pinch weld or rear fender mods more, not less. With 265 tires though you'll need some amount of spacer as 255's on stock rims rubbed the knuckle uprights on mine.

07 WK CRD//QDII//OME MD//MALONE 1.5//OMG WTF BBQ
post #11 of 16 Old 12-11-2019, 11:43 AM
Kolak
Vendor

You can reach me via PM here on the forum or email me at [email protected] if you'd like to chat. I have great OME pricing for the holidays

or
post #12 of 16 Old 12-16-2019, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
DAReeves
2006 WK 

Who sells the best front ATB for 06 WK?
post #13 of 16 Old 12-16-2019, 02:38 PM
2005JGC

2005 WK 

Garage
Quote:
What is ATB?

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Work in progress...
post #14 of 16 Old 12-27-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
DAReeves
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005JGC View Post
What is ATB?
Adjustable Track Bar

06 WK GC Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII
post #15 of 16 Old 12-27-2019, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
DAReeves
2006 WK 

Tires

Quote:
Has anyone run Kendra Klever tires 2657017?

06 WK GC Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII

Last edited by DAReeves; 12-27-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in