2005 Limited: Multiple DLC's - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-17-2021, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
dplusm1995

2005 Limited: Multiple DLC's

Hi everyone!
2005 Grand Cherokee Limited V8 with 124k Miles

On Friday, the Jeep ran hot to the point that engine shut down. Later that evening I added a quart of oil and a gallon of 50/50 coolant to the reservoir before driving to my mechanic. The ride was short so the engine never got to normal temperature but ran good. My mechanic had to replace the radiator because of a hole and then replaced the thermostat but it still ran hot. I was told the problem was the head gasket, cylinder to exhaust issue. I decided to drive the car home and it felt like I was on an aggressive vibrating hotel bed when I started it up. The RPM's were erratic almost to the point of engine shut down, especially when revved to 2K RPM's and then released gas pedal. Similar issues happened on ride home which I assumed was a misfiring issue. The next morning I ran the codes, I have attached screen shots. My question after all the rambling, would a head gasket problem cause the physical issues and DTC codes
Thanks to All!

Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20211017-125233.jpg   Screenshot_20211017-125333-610.jpg   Screenshot_20211017-125809-389.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-17-2021, 11:32 PM
acabtp
2005 WK 

Garage
running the engine low on oil, low on coolant, and overheating it to the point that it seized, could have caused the head gasket to blow due to the heads warping
or the head gasket going could have caused the engine to overheat
but either way, letting it overheat until it died... that poor engine, man

'05 WK Limited 5.7 Hemi
post #3 of 3 Old 10-18-2021, 09:25 PM
90grandoneer
90grandoneer

2006 WK 

Welcome to the forum. Since yours is an 05Maybe a valve seat beginning to drop, or at least coming loose. If it were me, I'd stop driving it and do some serious troubleshooting, especially since it's been overheated. If you're not familiar with the dropped valve seat problems on the early Hemi's, do a search on this forum and the internet....."early hemi dropped valve seat problem".

06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, AFE Air Filter, 6spd 545RFE, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS and HP tuners, Transgo Shift Kit, ARH Long Tube Hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam w/6* advance/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, TEA ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's. Also 05 Hemi LX modded exactly like WK and, SOLD Comp Cammed 06 300CSRT8 just replaced with 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid with 1020 hp and 1050 lb. ft. of torque.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in