18 inch rims - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-14-2021, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
broncar

18 inch rims

I just bought a 2007 wk Ggrand Cherokee Overland Hemi and it has factory 18" rims. I plan to get a 2" OME lift and 31 tires for a light off-road. Besides some minor trimming, should I change rims to 17"? Anybody running such a configuration?
Thanks in advance and best regards
Rodolfo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-14-2021, 02:42 PM
Vertisce21

Yep. My 2006 is running a 3" front, 2" rear lift/leveling kit with 265/70R17 tires and rims. The tires come out to 31.75 inches. Zero rubbing after doing the pinch weld mod.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-14-2021, 05:23 PM
Gray203m
2008 WK 

Garage
I'm running the 2" rough country lift, 265/65R18s, 1.5" wheel spacers, and pinch weld mod. Tiny bit of rubbing at full lock

2008 WK CRD North
GDE Eco Tune, DPF Delete
2" RC lift, 265/65R18 Duratracs

post #4 of 5 Old 05-14-2021, 10:05 PM
Vertisce21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray203m View Post
I'm running the 2" rough country lift, 265/65R18s, 1.5" wheel spacers, and pinch weld mod. Tiny bit of rubbing at full lock
I had 1.5 inch spacers until I got my new rims. On my old rims, the spacers brought the tire tread out to be even with the edge of the fenders. Fortunately, my rims do that with my new tires without the spacers.

Now I have spacers I don't use.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-15-2021, 10:55 AM
Gray203m
2008 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertisce21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray203m View Post
I had 1.5 inch spacers until I got my new rims. On my old rims, the spacers brought the tire tread out to be even with the edge of the fenders. Fortunately, my rims do that with my new tires without the spacers.

Now I have spacers I don't use.
I had a lot of suspension rubbing without the spacers. It was barely drivable. No one locally had any aftermarket rims that would fix it, so I managed to find a set of spacers on a local Jeep group. I'll be due for new tires in probably another year or too, so I plan on ordering new rims at the same time.

With spacers my tires stick out about an inch from the fenders. I put a set of Long John mud flaps on to cover the difference. I would have like fender flares, but they're pretty will impossible to get

2008 WK CRD North
GDE Eco Tune, DPF Delete
2" RC lift, 265/65R18 Duratracs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in