09 Grand Cherokee 3” leveling kit Issues - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-16-2021, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Amossa83

09 Grand Cherokee 3” leveling kit Issues

Having some troubles with my own nine grand Cherokee. I Installed a 3 inch leveling kit on it and I’ve had nothing but problems. Front of the car is about 2 1/2 inches taller than the rear of the car. This is my first time doing this and don’t know if I’m missing something…. The front end is measuring at 25” from center of wheel to fender and the rear is 22 1/2”. I’ve replaced the springs in the rear end, the swaybar links to a longer size, and shocks. HELP!?!?!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-23-2021, 03:42 PM
nvrdone1
2007 WK 

sounds like you need some spacers on top of the rear springs. wheel center to fender lip measurements are deceptive due to difference in curve of both lips. I find the most accurate measurement is at the seam above the rocker cover. Ive got 2" spacers on my 07 overland and the measurement at both ends are 17.5" from the ground. That makes me think you should be about 18 -19".
Also, since you replaced the rear springs they will settle within about 500 - 1000 miles. I replaced the front struts and springs. They settled about 1.5" after about 1000 Mi giving it a nice level look.
Good luck.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-23-2021, 09:26 PM
Vertisce21

If you only got a front lift and nothing for the rear, then it's not a leveling kit. A leveling kit is typically an inch or so of lift taller in the front than in the rear. So if it's just just the front, it would be a one inch lift. If it's front and rear it would be three inches in front and two in the rear in your case.

Stock height is 18.5" or 19" in the front from center of the hub to the bottom of the fender. 19" in the rear same measurement. If you installed a 3" lift and are sitting at 25" in the front, then something is wrong. You should get at most about 22" in the front. 21" in the rear. One thing to keep in mind when you are doing your lift is that the rear will have a puck that is two inches tall and that will be two inches of lift. The front is a different matter. A 1.5 inch puck in the front will give you three inches of lift. It almost sounds like you may have stacked the front and rear lift pucks or something but...that's pretty much impossible.

Anyway, pictures of your lift setup will help us help you.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-24-2021, 04:50 PM
yzjwk

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amossa83 View Post
Having some troubles with my own nine grand Cherokee. I Installed a 3 inch leveling kit on it and Iíve had nothing but problems. Front of the car is about 2 1/2 inches taller than the rear of the car. This is my first time doing this and donít know if Iím missing somethingÖ. The front end is measuring at 25Ē from center of wheel to fender and the rear is 22 1/2Ē. Iíve replaced the springs in the rear end, the swaybar links to a longer size, and shocks. HELP!?!?!
Usually when this happens to people, itís because they tighten the suspension down with the wheels in the air. When installing a lift , especially on an ifs , Itís important to tighten everything down with the weight of the vehicle on the suspension. If you did that youíll need to loosen everything up and let the weight sag the suspension and then tighten it up. But, You also need an alignment which will pull your lower control arms all the way out so you might as well let the alignment guy sag the suspension properly and then align it a best as he can. If itís just a 3Ē puck lift, itíll be a struggle to get it aligned well so pick your shop wisely...

5 and counting :05 WK 5.7 HEMI
90 YJ Islander 4.2L
94 ZJ Ltd 5.2 ,00 WJ 4.0
2010 MK Patriot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in