07-08 CRD Performance Tune - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-16-2020, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
tkntaytay

07-08 CRD Performance Tune

Looking to get rid of the DPF, and EGR on my '08 WK GC w/the CRD. Now that GDE, and most US tuners are not producing what suggestions can y'all offer up?
Celtic Tuning shows the best power at 290HP and 463TQ. But I'm neither sure about sending my ECU across the pond, nor having a tune loaded that I cannot change back to stock. Anyone have info on them? Real world experience running that tune?

What about using a handheld tuner? HPTuners is supposedly good w/some cars to allow changes on the fly. Maybe some others work good too?

Thanks for viewing and I appreciate any helpful comments.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-17-2020, 05:58 AM
Zroe89

Got any friends in Canada?

I am not aware of any handheld units that can successfully get into the ECU, even then I wouldn't know what you want to or need to change.

It's really too bad the non-deleted tune is not available any longer either.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 Old 04-17-2020, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
tkntaytay

Sadly, no friends in the Great White North.
Agree that they could probably still market tunes that didn't change emissions controls. But you cannot fault them for playing it safe. Look at what happened to the Diesel Bros!

post #4 of 4 Old 06-01-2020, 07:46 PM
CoalWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkntaytay View Post
Looking to get rid of the DPF, and EGR on my '08 WK GC w/the CRD. Now that GDE, and most US tuners are not producing what suggestions can y'all offer up?
Celtic Tuning shows the best power at 290HP and 463TQ. But I'm neither sure about sending my ECU across the pond, nor having a tune loaded that I cannot change back to stock. Anyone have info on them? Real world experience running that tune?

What about using a handheld tuner? HPTuners is supposedly good w/some cars to allow changes on the fly. Maybe some others work good too?

Thanks for viewing and I appreciate any helpful comments.
I have the Celtic Tuning Eco and Stage 1 tunes. Cost >$500 USD for both tunes, shipping, and handheld. I've been nothing but impressed for the past few months with the Stage 1 tune, gobs off power and better mpg! I went from 18mpg to 20.5mpg around town! (lifted on 265's and a very heavy foot)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in