05 wk lift/tires questions, help! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 17 Old 01-07-2015, 04:41 PM
luckyse7ens
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB05wkNY View Post
Thanks, I appreciate your input. I'm in contact with Kolak, who is definitely the man, and overflowing with knowledge. That's sort of where I'm at, Bilstein 4600 front 5100 rear and RC 2" lift. Definitely leaning that way at least. It's going to be either Bilstein or Monroe, depends which will meet my needs and my pockets needs, while providing good ride quality and on road manners. The off-roading I'll do will be minimal at best. If the Bilstein is overkill for my daily driving, and more expensive, I may go th Monroe. I know one is mono and the other is twin tube, but I don't know if I'd notice the difference. I want a firm, taught ride that's not too harsh and looks killer. The rest are just details haha.
My setup with 5100's is certainly firm and taut, and not harsh. MOOG poly sway bar bushings and end links (my XK has factory 'SRT8' swaybar) helped also. Probably a good JY upgrade if your into that.

That being said there are Plenty of people satisfied with Monroe shocks, and a new shock vs your worn out stockers would still be an improvement. Check rockauto for those...

Black WK Club #152
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 Old 02-03-2016, 07:23 AM
FoureverloWK
2006 WK 

I bought Ranco shocks for the rear on my WK. feels like a saggy diaper back there. I bought them before I found this form YAY!

Tags
2" , ome , ome hd , rc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in