Hello fellow Jeepsters: - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 08-02-2020, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
argonaut11

2010 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Hello fellow Jeepsters:

Greetings!

Jeep has been close to my heart since my father (an Army dentist) drove me in his classic 2-tone Jeep Willis (~1963 build). He took my family on rural roads crossing small rivers and up roads that regular sedans could not travel. And, I finally got my own Jeep in 2013 when Hurricane Sandy washed away my car and my house along with most of my possessions (late-2012).

This used 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara helped me rebuild my house and my life. I finally got to move back into a rebuilt house in 2018. In that destruction, the Jeep was the only way to travel around in New York City.

Had to change many parts on this Jeep (shocks, rotors, alternator, starter, belts, battery and cables, brakes and calipers, rims, tires, bumpers, windshield, etc). Tried to do most of this work on my driveway to learn about the car and to save some money. Engine seized in 2014 and had a new engine dropped in since I was lucky to have a Lifetime Warranty on this Jeep. My new engine only has about 50,000 miles on it.

Because New York is close to the ocean -- cars, tools, parts and anything that's metal rusts real fast! I am now trying to remove the rust that's eating away at the frame and body from underneath.

Glad to join a group of Jeep-lovers like JeepForum!

Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in