Pros and Cons of Leasing a Car - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 07-23-2019, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Editorial Content

Pros and Cons of Leasing a Car

Leasing can be a convenient choice for some and here are some of the pros and cons of this option.

Read more >>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-08-2019, 12:48 PM
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGuide.com View Post

Leasing can be a convenient choice for some and here are some of the pros and cons of this option.

Read more >>
You won't come out ahead leasing but if you change out vehicles every 3 years of so you can come out less behind leasing compared to purchasing.

If you like a new car every few years leasing can be a good option on the right vehicle. When you shop for a lease you shop forthe good deal, not the vehicle. You can't really be brand loyal.

I leased 2019 Camay for a family car. Every few years I change out my family car. The last family car was an Acadia. I bought it. I paid all the tax and finance on an entire car that I had no intention on keeping. With leasing you pay tax and finance only on the mount you lease.

When you lease you pay for a portion. I will have the Camay for 3 years. It is a 34k (MSRP) car, I will pay about 17 total for the car to use for three years. I will be able to buy it out for about 17K. I have no intention to buy it. Dealer trade in will be about 16-17k if history of Camay resale value stays true. I will probably have a $1500 mileage penalty at the end of the lease if I turn it in. I may be close to trade in value at the end of my lease.

You have to lease the right vehicle. It has to have a high residual (resale value).

You can negotiate a lease just like you can a purchase. Some vehicles have good incentives even for leasing.

01 TJ,33X12.5Falken WP ATs,Winch, ARBs F&R, belly up, some armor,4.0,5spd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in