JeepForum Classifieds Survey - JeepForum.com
View Poll Results: Are You Happy With How Classifieds Are Setup?
Yes, I like all Jeep model classifieds listed together. 84 19.76%
No, I wish each Jeep model had it's own classified forum. 341 80.24%
Voters: 425. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 Old 10-30-2007, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Keith
Web Wheeler

JeepForum Classifieds Survey

Looking for feedback on our classifieds.

The following question has to do with the configuration of the classifieds. If you are not happy with classifieds because you cannot search by location or any other reason please don't let that influence your choice here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 10-30-2007, 02:13 PM
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

great idea keith, it would be very nice to have things seperated a bit.

-Kyle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's Not Just a Jeep, It's a Lifestyle
post #3 of 47 Old 10-30-2007, 02:18 PM
StvDiego

Listing by model would help, or even being able to search or filter by model. And I would like to be able to search by location. Not that influenced me or anything

post #4 of 47 Old 10-30-2007, 03:54 PM
bringselpup
1993 ZJ 

X2 on by model.

Just because when I'm looking for Jeep parts I'm looking for MY Jeep.

93 ZJ 4.0 ~240K miles AW4 249
Brembo Redtop Yakima Donavee AR767 LLBean Dog Bed
post #5 of 47 Old 10-30-2007, 04:20 PM
snellav

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I dont think its a good idea to list by model because so many things can be universal. I think having a tag such as TJ or XJ next to the thread works well. I do think it would be a good idea to separate things such as axles/tires/wheels to an axles section and a wheels/tires section or engine/transmission to separate sections.

98 2 Door Cherokee SE 4x4 - Stock
00 TJ w/ D60s and lotsa other stuff - Gone but not forgotten
post #6 of 47 Old 10-30-2007, 04:25 PM
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

keith whatever happened to that other idea you had? The one where you had links to that corvette forum FS section. that was a really clean setup they had there, maybe we should aim for something like that?

-Kyle

It's Not Just a Jeep, It's a Lifestyle
post #7 of 47 Old 10-30-2007, 04:30 PM
bbehnke
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikVallens
I dont think its a good idea to list by model because so many things can be universal. I think having a tag such as TJ or XJ next to the thread works well.
then just make a section for all the universal items

sorting by location would also be easier for shipping purposes. say ur looking for a part thats decently heavy and the part is only 20 min away it would save alot of money picking it up rather than shpping it.

2001 WJ I6 selec-trac
64,000 miles
accessories: manik brush gaurd, KC daylighters, 2" BB w/ rusty's shocks, Dueler A/T REVO 245/75/R16, mudflaps, tow package, 1.5" wheel spacers, kevins exhaust, and an AIR HORN!
RED JEEP CLUB #424
post #8 of 47 Old 10-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Rivka
Returning From Sabbatical

2005 LJ Wrangler 

i think they should be separated in some way, but maybe add a universal parts area too.
i think whatever you do it is bout making easy click boxes so that folks fill things out right a bit more (hehehahaha yeah right)
i had another thought about the classifirs that i posted in sugestions, you can read it here
Thoughts on Marking Classified as "SOLD/FOUND"

Rivka

"If you don't have time to do it right, you are going to need time to do it over."
'05 Red Flame TJ Rubi UnLtd

"Teach a man how to take his doors off and he will enjoy his Jeep for a day,
teach him to search the forums and he will enjoy his Jeep for life!"
post #9 of 47 Old 10-31-2007, 08:10 AM
elfshadow
2007 WK 

On another vBulletin board I hang out on (not Jeep related) they make use of categories. When posting a new thread you have to choose a category from a drop down. Then, the reader can sort by category or filter by category when viewing the forum. I am not sure if that is a built in vBulletin option or a mod.

It would help you from needing to suffer from forum sprawl and would let everyone have the threads displayed however they want. People that want to see all the categories can just take the default view of All Categories. People that just want to see XJ parts for sale could choose XJ from the category filter and just see the posts with the XJ category.
post #10 of 47 Old 10-31-2007, 08:45 AM
monkeychrist
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I would just like to see a better system of removing or tagging closed deals. Hate searching, finding, reading a thread to find out, through the thread or a pm, that the item is done with and sold already.

Other than that, the tags are fine, but maybe a more narrow forum for specific parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athos76 View Post
...but one day while driving, I heard a twang and saw a little orange bungee go shooting off into traffic...
post #11 of 47 Old 10-31-2007, 08:51 AM
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Some of you are missing the point of this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
The following question has to do with the configuration of the classifieds. If you are not happy with classifieds because you cannot search by location or any other reason please don't let that influence your choice here.

Editing the classified section is going to take a few steps, this is why he is asking for an opinion on one SPECIFIC part of it.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
post #12 of 47 Old 10-31-2007, 09:53 PM
Jeff5886
1983 CJ5 

I wish each Jeep model had it's own classified forum
post #13 of 47 Old 11-01-2007, 11:42 AM
xjhd4me

1997 XJ Cherokee 

keith i see you finally got around to reading my survey answers huh?
post #14 of 47 Old 11-01-2007, 02:10 PM
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Watching this poll... I feel like I'm standing in line at Walgreen's.

Of course most people would think it easier to find what they want when they can simply jump to the section for that model, but what about the items that work with more than one vehicle? Having things grouped by type makes it easier to find the items that may have missed because it was listed under a different model... obviously it also makes it easier to sell an item when people with other models also see the listing.

Just like at Walgreen's when everyone jumps into the shortest line... yet it is actually faster for everyone if there is one line, and the first in line goes to the next available cashier. Unless you like being stuck behind that old lady writing a check for $4.52.

Just my :2c:

I'll be Savvy someday!
post #15 of 47 Old 11-01-2007, 02:29 PM
jclaudii
1999 WJ 

I wanted to post that I like it being together. I think if the user properlu used the image tags(tj, yj, xj, zj, etc) that display to the left then it is pretty darn easy to find your particular part. Perhaps make it mandatory to pick a img tag so it for now we can see everything more clearly, and for the future of being able to query those particlar tags the user sets up. Thanks for the oppurtunity to make JF better!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in