The worst you've ever been stuck - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 584 Old 10-08-2008, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
WhiteChoc0late

The worst you've ever been stuck

Everyone gets stuck sometimes. Whats the worst youve been?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 584 Old 10-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Juno7
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Bald winter tires, no lift, nothing at all, no tools, high centered in the middle of a trickle creek with a pissed off girlfriend.

Some hicks took photos and tugged me out.

edit: ex-girlfriend

Last edited by Juno7; 06-03-2009 at 11:49 PM.
post #3 of 584 Old 10-08-2008, 09:13 PM
GodsRollerskate
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I was on 33's and a 4" lift, and look how short my jeep is! Took 2 hours, 2 jeeps pulling with a 8000 lb winch to get out, I actually ran out of gas trying to get out. haha Sorry for the bad pic the sun was going down. Incase you didn't notice.

post #4 of 584 Old 10-08-2008, 09:37 PM
breckboarder55

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Two Identical holes... One is 2 feet deep, one is well lets just say I chose the wrong hole...

Bone stock with bald 31" A/Ts

Cost me my transmission...

To Veterans past and present, thank you for your service!
99 Jeep Wrangler-Just another TJ on 33"s
55 Dodge Royal Lancer- Resto Project
87 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II-Built.
87 Mazda RX-7 SE-Burn Victim
01 Honda S2000DD
post #5 of 584 Old 10-08-2008, 09:49 PM
2005X

2005 TJ Wrangler 

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 584 Old 10-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Alexr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

looks like a statue in that fourth one
post #7 of 584 Old 10-08-2008, 11:15 PM
adam728
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I would have to say mine looked exactly like breckboarder55's pic, same color Jeep and everything.

Late night wheeling, 1 rig, myself, girlfriend at that time, my sister, and her boyfriend, in my dad's Jeep (yikes!). About 7 miles from town, 2 miles or so down the gas line. No cell service (my gf was the only one with a cell phone at that time). So we had to walk thu nut-deep water and start hoofing it towards civilization. Did I mention that it was just a few degrees above freezing?

After about a mile we got signal and called a friend at the bar. We started a camp fire and tried to thaw our soaked shoes/socks/pants in the mean time. He'd never driven off road and had a 3-week old Superduty. There was lots of water on the way out, but nothing more than knee deep, and all with a solid bottom. 3 hours later (around 3 am) we get a call, he's getting the work truck, somethings wrong with the SD.

That "something" was him taking the first water hole wide open with lots of momentum. Come daylight we'd find a pair of rods removed themselves from inside his 5.4L. By now we made it to the road, another friend came and picked up the girls, and the rest of us figured out how to get the SD out, then bomb back in a F150 to the Jeep.

In the end I got home around 9 am, and spent the rest of the day cleaning out everything in the Jeep. I was so tired by the time we got out that it never crossed my mine to open the drain plugs. It was interesting driving down the road with ankle deep water sloshing all around the Jeep.

This all happened probably 7 years ago, I still hear about the miserable night from those involved.

Sienna Jeep Club - Member #8

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 584 Old 10-11-2008, 11:22 AM
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1994 ZJ 

only two real stucks to date, and a third one only cause of a broken front CV adn drowing it out.

first one, drown it out/ only 2wd
this lead to

this

and two weeks ago, let my buddies wife drive

1994 ZJ-- bone stock for now

2005 GMC 2500HD 496 C.I. tows it all

Fat Amy-1989 K5 blazer. Linked, lifted, 38.5's on won tons. Big Girls can play in the woods too.
post #9 of 584 Old 10-11-2008, 11:27 AM
the88thpianoman

2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam728 View Post
I would have to say mine looked exactly like breckboarder55's pic, same color Jeep and everything.

Late night wheeling, 1 rig, myself, girlfriend at that time, my sister, and her boyfriend, in my dad's Jeep (yikes!). About 7 miles from town, 2 miles or so down the gas line. No cell service (my gf was the only one with a cell phone at that time). So we had to walk thu nut-deep water and start hoofing it towards civilization. Did I mention that it was just a few degrees above freezing?

After about a mile we got signal and called a friend at the bar. We started a camp fire and tried to thaw our soaked shoes/socks/pants in the mean time. He'd never driven off road and had a 3-week old Superduty. There was lots of water on the way out, but nothing more than knee deep, and all with a solid bottom. 3 hours later (around 3 am) we get a call, he's getting the work truck, somethings wrong with the SD.

That "something" was him taking the first water hole wide open with lots of momentum. Come daylight we'd find a pair of rods removed themselves from inside his 5.4L. By now we made it to the road, another friend came and picked up the girls, and the rest of us figured out how to get the SD out, then bomb back in a F150 to the Jeep.

In the end I got home around 9 am, and spent the rest of the day cleaning out everything in the Jeep. I was so tired by the time we got out that it never crossed my mine to open the drain plugs. It was interesting driving down the road with ankle deep water sloshing all around the Jeep.

This all happened probably 7 years ago, I still hear about the miserable night from those involved.
Dude.... EPIC
post #10 of 584 Old 10-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Bones741
2015 JK Wrangler 

Mine is pitiful beacause my jeep still was and still is completey stock with bald tires on it that look like slicks. I was at the local steel yard and the yard was covered in a sheet of ice, i got back there but i couldn't get back out , even in 4 wheel all it did was spin, luckily my dad was home and came and pulled me out with the Super duty.

HEEP OF JEEP...
post #11 of 584 Old 10-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Chester405
2008 JK Wrangler 

stuck in the driveway for over 6 months while i still had my permit haha.

thankfully i have not gotten stuck yet, but its bound to happen.
post #12 of 584 Old 10-13-2008, 01:17 PM
MCDavis
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by underpowered View Post
and two weeks ago, let my buddies wife drive
What is that on top of your Jeep, behind the sunroof?
post #13 of 584 Old 10-13-2008, 02:51 PM
yellojeeper
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam728 View Post

Dude, I'm freakin rolling!!! I have some good stories but none that will hold a candle to that one.

1998 TJ

NRA Life Member
post #14 of 584 Old 10-13-2008, 02:52 PM
thich
1982 CJ7 

i think that is the sunroof.

Cheers
post #15 of 584 Old 10-13-2008, 03:04 PM
provinT13

1999 TJ Wrangler 

why does she have a hand full of mud or whatever that is

2 Hands Working Do More Than 1000 Hands Praying

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in