Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

White Letter Vs Black Sidewall

25K views 53 replies 46 participants last post by  Daniel.85 
#1 ·
I AM FIXING TO BUY SOME NEW TIRES, GOT MY EYE ON SOME KUMHO KL71'S BUT THEY ONLY HAVE BLACKWALL. I GUESS I AM PARTIAL TO WHITE LETTERS SO I WAS WANTING TO SEE SOME EXAMPLES OF EACH. THANKS :wave:

#2 · (Edited)
The pic doesn't really do my tires justice but I prefer the whitewall out. I was all for black rims on black letters for a bit but when I upgraded to my new tires I felt like "showing them off" if you know what I mean.
I think it is because I am 17 and I want people to see that I have put my hard earned cash into my sweet tires:laugh:

#3 ·
mine i ran white walls cause it went with my aluminum wheels but now that the are pushin 2years ya cant really tell all depends on the wheels....black wheels i go black sidewall.....alum. wheels white wall

but thats my opinion

i think your jeep would look good with some black bajas or something

#8 ·
i think it has to do with what rims and tires you actually have, with alloys i'd almost always do white letter out but some tires that have 'hollow' letters look weird no matter what rim their on when their white letter out. But with alloys and solid block letters i like white letter out
heres my 33's

#10 ·
If you buy tires that have black letters and you really like white walls there are paint pens for tire lettering.

I used to have white letters on my coopers. I liked the look of them. Breaks things up alittle bit.

#14 ·
jeepskater, that looks nice with the letters out....better because they are bfg's. I had bfg at's when I bought my Jeep and it looked great with white out IMO. Next I put on some cheapo mud terrains with outlined white letters out.......not so great. The OWL got torn up pretty fast and looked like crap. Now I have some Toyo 33" MT's and I have no choice. I like them too all black. Whatever blows your hair back I guess!

#15 ·
thanks man, yea when i bought the tires for my grand wagoneer, i decided not to do the white letters out because they were just the outline and it didnt look that great, when you think about it really depends on the brand of tire whether or not the white letters look good, ive used BFG's mostly, and always put the white letters out because they look good, and are full and not outlined.

#17 ·
I've always liked the white letters out... although I notice nowadays most guys don't
Had them out when I put mud rovers on my YJ -
My Baja Claws didn't come with white letters or I'd probably have em like that on my TJ

#20 ·
#23 ·
Although I run Toyo's now with no white letters, I have always run white letter tires out, all the way back to my '74 Nova I had when I was 16..wish I still had it! They are not too hard to keep white with a little bleach white tire cleaner and a scrub brush at every washing. But...BFG tires hold up the best, especially on Jeeps, because of the solid letters. Most importantly, stay away from curbs when you park or you will end up with solid white sidewalls like a 1930's roadster!! If you choose to go with white letters out, and your wife drives your rig, good luck.

#24 ·
When I have the option, I always run with white letter out regardless of whether they're outlines or not. I simply like it better on my vehicles. I do like the way some of the ones here look with blackwalls, but I still will only run black when it's the only option.

#29 ·
I'm on the fourth set of BFG A/T's I've bought off my local tire merchant. Everytime I buy a set he asks me "In or Out?" It's always OUT Richie!
BB

;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.