TJs with flat fenders (not tubes), no lift and 31s - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 12-26-2009, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
JeepDVL45
Back in the game

2001 XJ Cherokee 

TJs with flat fenders (not tubes), no lift and 31s

Anyone running THIS setup? I just got a new set of 31s a couple months ago, I've been debaring picking up a set of Xenons or Bushwackers. I just want to see how it looks...

JeepDVL45

"Real men hide their feelings, WHY?!
BECAUSE IT’S NONE OF YOUR ****** BUSINESS!!!!
Men do not cry. Men do not pout. Men jack you in the ******* jaw and say…thanks for comin’ out." - Boondock Saints II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 12-28-2009, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
JeepDVL45
Back in the game

2001 XJ Cherokee 

bump....anyone? Am I this much of a revolutionary thinker?

JeepDVL45

Men do not cry. Men do not pout. Men jack you in the ******* jaw and say…thanks for comin’ out." - Boondock Saints II
post #3 of 16 Old 12-29-2009, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
JeepDVL45
Back in the game

2001 XJ Cherokee 

one last bump......

I might have to do it, cause I'll be the only one!

JeepDVL45

post #4 of 16 Old 12-29-2009, 06:30 PM
JeeperFound
2002 TJ Wrangler 

When I get some more loots I'm going to look into those Xenon fender flairs.

My daughter just asked me if I can buy a motorcycle when I'm done with my Jeep!!
post #5 of 16 Old 12-29-2009, 06:39 PM
jeepwrangler97

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDVL45 View Post
one last bump......

I might have to do it, cause I'll be the only one!
if you do it post some pics
post #6 of 16 Old 12-29-2009, 06:43 PM
akread
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i will have pics of it in about 5 days. im just finish painting my rockers so i can install those then put on the xenon 4" flat flairs. my jeep is completely stock suspension and they are stock tires as of now, so you will get a good look.
post #7 of 16 Old 12-30-2009, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
JeepDVL45
Back in the game

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akread View Post
i will have pics of it in about 5 days. im just finish painting my rockers so i can install those then put on the xenon 4" flat flairs. my jeep is completely stock suspension and they are stock tires as of now, so you will get a good look.

Sweet!!!! I'm going to hold you to that!!! I think they would look really good, but $450 is a lot of $$ to take that kind of chance. Are you going to paint them body color or keep them black?

JeepDVL45

post #8 of 16 Old 12-30-2009, 06:20 PM
akread
2005 TJ Wrangler 

yeah well my original fenders got a little messed up so i had to get new ones anyway figured why not something else. gives alot more clearance with no lift still. and for now im going to keep them black, i don't have the time or money to paint them, but maybe in the future. but i have seen someone with painted xenon's to match and it look really nice.
post #9 of 16 Old 01-03-2010, 10:43 PM
akread
2005 TJ Wrangler 

okay so i put them on tonight, no pics yet sorry this was last minute before i head back to school tomorrow morning. but they look nice, the front looks fine with my stock 30's def more clearance but the back tires look dwarfed haha. ill get a pic as soon as possible and post it up.
post #10 of 16 Old 01-04-2010, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
JeepDVL45
Back in the game

2001 XJ Cherokee 

You're killing me.....lol.

Can't wait to see them

JeepDVL45

post #11 of 16 Old 01-05-2010, 11:44 AM
akread
2005 TJ Wrangler 

well thats what i got so far kinda a ****ty pic but its all i could snag for you for now. ill try and get some better pics soon. it was a little dark. but i think im going to do 2inches lift up front, 1 inch out the back and run 32's and itll be perfect.
post #12 of 16 Old 01-06-2010, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
JeepDVL45
Back in the game

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Doesn't look too bad. You're right...its kidna dwarfs the rear tires. I have 31's and I'm throwing full corners on the rear....so it'll sag the *** end a bit....so it might do OK on mine.

I think part of it too is the pic is so dark and the flares are black so it makes it all kinda blend together. (I have a friend who has a paint booth in his dad's garage..if I get them, he'll paint them body color for me!!!). If you get some more pics (from the front and anything else) I would love to see them . I'm still having a HUGE dilema....I can't deicde between these or the RC 2.5 lift. I keep bouncing back and forth.

JeepDVL45

post #13 of 16 Old 01-06-2010, 07:35 PM
akread
2005 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i will, its been snowing here in roc for like 5 days straight so its really dark so hard to get a good photo and i gotta borrow a camera cuase mine is not here, thats from my cell. but i would say depends on what your planning for you jeep in the future. if you get the 2.5 inch lift i think the 31's are gonna look tiny anyway. if your planning on going bigger tires, i would get the 2.5 lift. if not then i would say get the flares and also .75inch spacers for the front and it should sit real nice. but the extra ground clearance of the lift might be nice also, i guess depends on where you wheel, also nice color, im pretty sure its the same as mine. patriot blue? and is yours rocky mountain edition? i notice you have same color flares which is what i had also. mines rocky mountain edition haha
post #14 of 16 Old 01-07-2010, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
JeepDVL45
Back in the game

2001 XJ Cherokee 

I was going to eventualy do both, I was going to do 33's (with proper bump stops) with the 2.5 and flat flares...then maybe jump to 35s and flat fenders (and D44s) down the road when this will no longer be my DD. (WAYYYYYY down the road). But yea, PATRIOT BLUE!!!!! Its what sold me on the jeep.....but no its not the Rocky Mountain edition...I wish it was....Its an X Freedom edition...thats how I got this nifty 4.25" fender flares with body match paint, Ravines (sold them tho), vinal seats and both tops.

JeepDVL45

post #15 of 16 Old 01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
J-B

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDVL45 View Post
Anyone running THIS setup? I just got a new set of 31s a couple months ago, I've been debaring picking up a set of Xenons or Bushwackers. I just want to see how it looks...
I want to run this setup in the near future, also

98 TJ 4.0, 31's, 3.73, and stock.
88 F150 4.9, 29's, 3.55, and Flat Black
99 Ram 5.9 31's DD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in