Need favor/help!!! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 12-02-2019, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
JeepChic
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am seeking someone to send me a pic of the inside of their rear driver side break light compartment for Wrangler 2013 or around that. And also the outside of it from wheel well angle. Why you ask?
Brake light/turn signal out on that side. Did the break light compartment switch to check wiring. Unfortunately,it is a deeper wire issue. So I looked deeper inside and boom....compacted w snow/slush. Compared that w passenger side: which has a huge foam sealant to protect from outside elements. Driver side does not have. So I'm curious if it's a manufacturer fopa or there shouldn't be one since that's the ground wire side. Either way, its missing something to seal compartment. The bottom of it is like a thick felt that is open to the outside. Before I go to dealership w a hey....Jeep effed up....I want proof. Already had a recall for a glitch in the seal of side mirror which would allow water in, causing shortage thus leading to possible fire.
Long and winded post, but cannot find pics of it online

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-03-2019, 08:47 AM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
mine has the foam bit on the left rear side as does the right. not much holds it there as well kinda just stuffed in there. no pic of it. But any jeep sitting about at the dealer that is a JK should show it.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-04-2019, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
JeepChic
2013 JK Wrangler 

THANK YOU. Extremely helpful. I'm sure since its 6 yrs old they won't do ****. But maybe it'll spark something like yet another recall

post #4 of 6 Old 12-04-2019, 03:45 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I bet it wont. Recalls tend to be for safety issues not quality control. The part is just foam about 3/4"thick pushed up in there. I would think you could get his part for not much or make one yet even easier.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

post #5 of 6 Old 12-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
I am a Jeep stealership tech. Just accessed your vehicle on the factory parts website. I don't see any body mounting difference in tail lights. The diagram I found does not really show a sealing difference between right or left. I am not saying my research is all conclusive by any means.

Your profile shows you live in MN. Hmmm. Serious salt belt state. I have honestly not seen a similar lighting situation to yours. Thus a recall is unlikely. Salt belt states cause vehicle issues that are what they are.

Has your vehicle ever been subjected to any sort of collision or impact damage? Has it ever had any body or paint work done? These can be factors.

I would like to understand your issue and the root cause to a "T". I wish I could see it first hand.

Does your vehicle have add on trailer wiring?

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-05-2019, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
JeepChic
2013 JK Wrangler 

Some have posted yes to ball of sealant foam & others say no. No accidents. No after factory add ons. Yes, to tow package. Just used it for the second time in my 6yrs of having it. Used it in Aug. Just found the cover off where the trailer wires plug into: thank you U-Haul. When I went to see how/where the wires were for possible issue, the brake light compartment had the snow/slush compacted in it more towards the wheel well...not fully up to brake light itself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in