Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

heaviest/biggest thing you've pulled?

84K views 367 replies 179 participants last post by  k6usy 
#1 · (Edited)
Post the huggest equipment you've pulled with your jeep or heaviest! :2thumbsup:

by far this is my heaviest! 700-800 water mellons each weighing about 15pounds. weighed in at 12,000 pounds when we sold them at the market! Dont worry...i didnt pull them on the highway...just from the feild to a barn less than a mile away. had to put in in 4-low to get them moving! haha :cheers2:

See less See more
#296 ·
Usually tow this, KFX 400 (440) and KFX 700. Right around 2,000 pounds with the trailer, add that to the 35's and 3.73s and it makes for a long ride.

#297 ·
Chad, awesome work on the F-350! I love seeing the little jeep save the day! :cheers2:

#300 ·
heaviest thing ive towed was my friends 4wd chevy s10 with a Zr2 package outt of pong, i got my jeep in it and drove right out, he however got stuck 3 times he tried it, i pulled it him out all 3, jeep FTW

#311 ·
Pulled the boat to the lake. The Jeep handled the hilly, curvy road extremely well. I was pleasantly surprised.....

And the pic:
Hehe, I have the same engine, but on a 16 foot fiberglass Catalina Tri-Hull. Overpowered to the MAX. :highfive:

#309 ·
^^^^ purty jeep! love the combo!

whats the weight of the boat and trailer?

#313 ·
I found here a very interesting rig on the "Gr8Tops" website...i really love this combo. :drool:

#315 ·
My 18' Boston Whaler. I'd guess around 4,000 lbs with gas and gear. Tandem trailer with electric brakes. It did the job, but I was only pulling it about 25 miles from home up into the park. The speed limit is 55 for about 3 miles, and otherwise only 45 mph. At 6300' elevation, the engine is a bit challenged to get up to 60, and it's a bit light all the way around for the task, but given the relatively slow speeds and short distance, it did fine.

It was also a hot day, and the transmission would have been happier with an auxiliary transmission cooler. It was a tad harder to shift than usual by the time I got to the launch (slightly uphill, most of the way, about 85F temp). It was fine driving home later that evening (no 'heating' issues). Springs and shocks are the H&R/Bilstein combination. There's not a lot of tongue weight on the boat, but it would certainly 'squat' with the stock springs, and doesn't much (maybe 3/4" with these.)

Unladen ride with the soft top:

#317 ·
ok. I got a call from a buddy with a dodge 250 cummins. he was stuck. after I tried to pull him out, and put a hole in my tailgate, we decided to go get the 12,000 lb case skid steer. we did not have access to another truck, so I pulled it with the XJ the 5 miles to go pull him out. the pics are crap for quality, but you get the idea. it took the skid and me pulling the rear end over to get him out. finally got home about 2 am....

do I win??????lol

#344 ·
And a video from 0-55 mph up a slight hill with same load. This is with 35s and 3.73 gears at full throttle the entire time. 1 min and 9 seconds later.

#323 ·
Had to pull my dad out of some thick mud not to mention he was dragging the frame and everything else. That was tough for my jeep ended up bending my shackle mount. The next I wish I got the chance to pull out. Co worker at the golf course I work at put a mower into the water. Funniest thing I've seen at work.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.