More Moab-y goodness - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 07-10-2008, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Polecat

2006 LJ Wrangler 

More Moab-y goodness

Here are some more pics of my time in Moab back in the middle of June.

Heading up the Baby Elephants Back before Fins N Things.

On the exit I came down on the line I am on and then turned towards the camera. I didn't know how big the muddy water was so I straddled the water line as I drove away from where the camera angle is. I could have sworn I was going to flip and end up in the water.

Some obstacle early in the trail that was off to the side. I let my Dad drive up it after I did. You couldn't see anything but clear blue sky over the hood.

At the halfway point of the trail. Dang I love my Jeep.

2.25 BB with 31's at 15psi. Swaybar discoed. Surprisingly the thing I scraped the most was the trailer hitch reciever. I may have hit the tcase skid once or twice. I can't wait to go back or better yet move to UT or CO.

Here's the original trail report.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=568430

Over the mountains and through the woods, across the stream and up the slickrock, down the canyon and over the rocks to nobody's house I go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Jeffro06
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I still hate Illinois! I'd like to move out there someday too...retirement is only 10-12 years away....only.

Nice pics!

Member of JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build:

post #3 of 10 Old 07-11-2008, 02:49 PM
my73CJ
1973 CJ5 

I'm with you jeffro95, those are great pics

post #4 of 10 Old 07-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Lostj

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice pictures.

Im planning to get out there next year. How long did the drive take?

00'TJ
74'CJ5 For Sale
post #5 of 10 Old 07-11-2008, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Polecat

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies. I still can't believe I drove that trail in my Jeep. I certainly gained a ton of confidence in my driving skills and in my Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostj View Post
Nice pictures.

Im planning to get out there next year. How long did the drive take?
Well...it was part of a 5 week vacation for me and the Jeep was towed out a week before I left and came back a week after I flew home. From the Tampa Bay area you could probably make it out there in 3 days of all day driving.

Over the mountains and through the woods, across the stream and up the slickrock, down the canyon and over the rocks to nobody's house I go.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-12-2008, 12:04 PM
grogie
I Like to Camp

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing. Your LJ looks great on 31's with it's lift. I admit, I wish I had bought an LJ too.

Red Jeep Club #345
'06 TJ Sport -

'04 KJ Limited - Sold
'13 Off-Road Trailer -

'19 Tacoma TRD OR

"Civilization is what old men salvage
from the onslaught of young idealists. Don Colacho

post #7 of 10 Old 07-13-2008, 03:59 PM
SurfnSnow
2010 JK Wrangler 

Great pics!
"Some obstacle early in the trail that was off to the side. I let my Dad drive up it after I did. You couldn't see anything but clear blue sky over the hood."

That was the first obsticle I did when I was in Moab and it's scary at first but after a few times you get used to it. Fins n' thnigns is a great trail. MAn can't wait to back there next year in the spring
post #8 of 10 Old 07-29-2008, 03:43 PM
exxon

That's a nice looking Lj
post #9 of 10 Old 08-17-2008, 08:07 PM
tube yj
Web Wheeler

1949 CJ3A 

nice pics, I am heading up their in October, I can't wait

post #10 of 10 Old 08-17-2008, 10:27 PM
elkfan2

2002 TJ Wrangler 

nice pics. we did fins and things two years ago there now we head down this labor day we are doing golden spike and pricthett canyon, can't wait.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in