Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Long Weekend in the Ouchitas

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  grogie 
#1 ·
Took the Cj5 up to to Queen Wilehema state park for what's primarily a motorcycle event that benefits CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates). I've been going for years but due to my large reduction in riding I decided to take the CJ on my longest trip in it so far totaling around 700 miles over the weekend. I ran a lot of forest service roads and hit some more challenging trails in the process. Nothing too serious but it helped me gain confidence in the reliability of the 5 and what I can get away with in it.

In the carhole ready to roll out that morning. The extension cord going into it from the passenger side is to power my 12v refrigerator until departure.

Quick lakeside shot as I went back Broken Bow lake.

Camp from Thurs night to Sunday morning.

Early morning from the hammock.

Top off windshield down

I love marking potential future campsites GAIA when I'm out exploring.

I managed to find a trail that hadn't been in use for some time it seems. I called it "spider alley". It took me forever to get though it because every 1/4 or 1/2 mile I'd have to stop and brush dozens of spiders off the Jeep. On the upside the trail had a few technical sections that were spider free and fun.

No comment.

Mount Magaine was my destination. After about 100 miles of dirt.

That evening many stickbugs and spiders made their appearance on their new home.

Day 3 woke up to heavy fog.

Friends

Obligatory flex shot

Shady Lake Dam

See less See more
Reactions: grogie
#2 ·
That night some storms moved in so I moved into the CJ for a little while. After deploying my emergency rain tarp.

This morning after heading out.

I told'em next year I'm bringing the 2A.

Here are some short videos.

[VIDEO]https://www.facebook.com/1416956060/videos/238899734708735/[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://www.facebook.com/1416956060/videos/188528549981017/[/VIDEO]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.