Few impressions of our 2 night camping in a Rainforest Jump to Latest - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-15-2020, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
kam1

Few impressions of our 2 night camping in a Rainforest Jump to Latest

Hi everyone,

just wanted to share our video of our camping trip to Booloumba Creek. The creek was dried out unfortunately, but despite that it is an amazing place. We cooked some nice food on the camp fire, saw some wild life. All on the video. Please check it out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-19-2020, 06:58 PM
grogie
I Like to Camp

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nice video! Nice setup with your camping. I like that tent. I had a similar tent called a turbo tent (no longer made) that also had the frame attached so it was pretty much pop it open. Since then, I went to a roof top tent on a small trailer I tow behind my TJ.

Also, sweet Jeep! It's refreshing to see a two-door JK.

Red Jeep Club #345
'06 TJ Sport -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 KJ Limited - Sold
'13 Off-Road Trailer -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 Tacoma TRD OR

"Civilization is what old men salvage
from the onslaught of young idealists.Ē Don Colacho

post #3 of 5 Old 10-19-2020, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
kam1

Thank you grogie! Glad you liked it! Yes we loved the tent, it just came out few weeks ago from Coleman. Perfect little, but roomy tent, which is super quick to setup.

We have a trailer as well, but decided to build a second camping setup, which is smart / compact basically and that we can take in our Jeep without trailer. So far loving it. We kind of started going overboard with all the big camping gear since we got the trialer.
Attached Thumbnails
Campfire.jpg  

post #4 of 5 Old 10-19-2020, 08:00 PM
WestTX

2011 JK Wrangler 

Awesome setup! Looks like a cool spot for some photography.

2011 JK Rubicon Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl

If you eat, drink, or wear cloths then your involved in agriculture.

post #5 of 5 Old Yesterday, 04:32 AM
grogie
I Like to Camp

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam1 View Post
Thank you grogie! Glad you liked it! Yes we loved the tent, it just came out few weeks ago from Coleman. Perfect little, but roomy tent, which is super quick to setup.

We have a trailer as well, but decided to build a second camping setup, which is smart / compact basically and that we can take in our Jeep without trailer. So far loving it. We kind of started going overboard with all the big camping gear since we got the trialer.
My wife and I right after buying my TJ new started taking two-week camping trips, typically 3,000 miles long, with what would fit in the back of the TJ. Which as you know isn't much! We first had a backpackers tent and a small cube cooler. I eventually bought a hitch rack and the turbo tent, cots, and a larger cooler. Trips were automatically better. I like to move around daily and not make a base camp, and even the turbo tent was a pain to setup/take down daily. So... I always had an idea for a small box trailer that a TJ could easily tow, so I had a friend build it for me, and eventually I added a roof top tent. (Link to trailer is in my signature.) Yes, it's pulling a trailer which you know has considerations to it, however now the trailer is a camping storage box that is always setup to go. It's also just made trips more enjoyable with added comforts and it's just quicker to setup/take down camp.

Anyway, you live in a beautiful country and keep enjoying it! Again, you've got a super cool JK.

Red Jeep Club #345
'06 TJ Sport -

'04 KJ Limited - Sold
'13 Off-Road Trailer -

'19 Tacoma TRD OR

"Civilization is what old men salvage
from the onslaught of young idealists.Ē Don Colacho

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in