value of grand wagoneer - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-02-2019, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
trashdigger

value of grand wagoneer

Hey, brand new here. I finally was able to purchase one of these monsters, have always liked them, now they are collectibles makes it harder to buy one at a decent price.
I have seen lots for sale and the prices range alot. I am wondering how you can determine the approximate value of one, cuz I see restored ones going anywhere from 15K to 65K or more.
Thanks in advance for any input. Ron

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-02-2019, 10:01 AM
littleblackjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Figure out what you want to do with it. Reliable classic cruiser, overland rig, rock crawling, etc

The classic clean unmodified survivors are the most expensive currently, but are only as capable/reliable as they ever were. A 2barrel 360 with emission controls and a slow automatic donít make for an exciting drive.

The more modified the drivetrain plus stock and in good shape the body/interior fetch the next highest prices. Chevy fuel injected drivetrain, but clean stock Jeep appointments make a nice reliable alternative to a new lower range Grand Cherokee for example and are priced accordingly.

Next are clean, partial resto-mods for over-landing. No need to work about exact stock setups because bumpers/lifts/roof racks etc will have been added to make camping and stream crossing. Add a professional drivetrain swap to find the most expensive versions of these - but also reliable.

In the $7-$10k range youíre looking for decent examples to move into one of the groups above overtime.

$5k range gets you a running/driving project. Not worried about cutting fenders on these to clear full width 1-tons and big tires (that youíll need to add)

Less than that, youíre getting parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'95 YJ
GM 350, SM420, NP231 SYE, Fnt. D60 SOA 4.10, Rr. D60 SOA 4.10 Detroit Locker, Fnt.Sus. N/A. Rr.Sus. XJ Springs, RuffStuff Wayback.
YJ Build: https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-girlfriend-1327158/
post #3 of 3 Old 12-04-2019, 01:23 PM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

Well, value -wise; what did you pay for the one you bought?

Hoss

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in