New to Wagoneer's, advice needed - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-04-2018, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
WeBeCinYa

New to Wagoneer's, advice needed

Hello-

I have always wanted a Wagoneer and have an opportunity at one but wanted some advice. My background is Land Rovers, I have had 10 or so various Range Rover Classics, Defender and Series trucks. I know from experience that rust and rot are #1 concern in that arena, that should be concern on any vehicle imo. What I am looking for here is advice on what to look for on Wagoneers when purchasing one.

I have looked over this potential buy briefly, and it is at a mechanic's shop now so they have had eye on it too.

100k miles, all original, no rust noted in any wheel well or frame, some surface rust (more like paint flake) on some under carriage components, no evidence of body work or bondo, pretty complete inside just dirty. Was in to the mechanic for exhaust leak, repair AC, tune up/fluids, and power window regulator. Mechanic said it runs strong, no leaks.

Where should I look for issues? When I drive it what should I look for?

All help appreciated! Thanks in advance...

2012 WK2 Laredo Stone White, QTII, Leather, 20" Overland wheels, 275/55/20, All weather pkg, towing pkg
1942 Ford GPW Military Jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-04-2018, 07:02 AM
SemperFiGuy
1980 CJ5 

What year are we talking here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 Old 10-04-2018, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
WeBeCinYa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFiGuy View Post
What year are we talking here?

2012 WK2 Laredo Stone White, QTII, Leather, 20" Overland wheels, 275/55/20, All weather pkg, towing pkg
1942 Ford GPW Military Jeep

post #4 of 4 Old 10-05-2018, 06:36 AM
SemperFiGuy
1980 CJ5 

Nice, last year. Check really well where the fuel tank mounts on the frame. Also check the front floor boards thoroughly, especially up near the front. Oil pressure at cold and warm. 4wd. Any sort of lift, make sure itís not rag tag, lifted properly. Rear window up and down. Lock knobs stay up, lock, unlock. New distributor perhaps, ask about the cam gear. Should have kept the old distributor gear on. Lights, especially in front. Fog, hi/low beam. Thatís all problems I had with mine. Wait one more, rag joint from the shaft to the gear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in