HEY YOU GUYS!!! looking for info on Fender Trimming and other topics - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 03-13-2014, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Karl_V
2008 JK Wrangler 

HEY YOU GUYS!!! looking for info on Fender Trimming and other topics

Before I start, this may become a build thread.

after carefull consideration and a little proding i have decided to just do the work and enjoy my 78 Cherokee that was up on the sale forum. If you are looking you may know it but i will post more pictures because it helps all understand better(Besides if this does become a build thread I'm sure those who pass through might want to see).

I will start at the begining that is the cancer in the fenders.
After much personal debate i have decided that i want to use this for fun and some trail riding so Heavy trimming would be my preffered way to go. Please Also keep in mind i am 100% stock and am not ready at all to start with lift so i am talking stock suspension and NO LIFT!(hey it doesn make me a bad person.) So for starters before i take a sawzall and hack random things up what should i know. Next what size tire could i tuck both height and width with a very radical fender trim. For this matter i would like to keep stock rims and make this more budget freindly but if i need to step up to a more freindly offset and its the differnce between 31s and 33s or 33s and 35s what should i be looking for.

The next thing is brakes. this vehicle is 4 wheel drum does anyone know where i can find a simple rebuild kit the lines look good but i would like to do cylinders, springs, shoes and drums just to be on the safe side.

Thank you to all who help and or are interested! Lets see where this takes us.

Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0224_2.jpg   IMAG0221_2.jpg   IMAG0219_2.jpg   IMAG0220_2.jpg   IMAG0222.jpg  

Attached Images

I am way to sober to be working like this!

Dont underestimate the other guy he may be pulling you out later!

Tags
cherokee , fender cutting guide , fsj , sj , tire clearance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in