Alternator issues - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 12-01-2019, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Motonerdro

Alright just got a 91 and the alternator was fried on it I switched it over to a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 130 amp and ksuspension cables. Shaved down the bracket and got it all bolted up I ran into issue swapping in the dodge plug for the back of the alternator the wires on the Jeep were green with a black tracer and just a green wire the wires for the plug were brown with a black tracer and brown with a white tracer. I hooked it up black tracer to black tracer and the voltage gauge reads just above the red before starting and just above the first white line while running. I’m wondering if maybe I hooked these up wires up incorrectly and maybe the computer isn’t regulating voltage. Anyone know which lead is which on the alternator? Also the battery is fully charged reads 12v before start and 14.9 while running but the gauge drops a little while I’m using the wipers so idk just seems that every other 4.0 I’ve had the gauge was at 14 while running so before I dive into the gauge I just wanted to make sure the field wires were hooked up correctly.

Attached Thumbnails
9F9B3424-9293-4334-8924-8C506C853AC7_1575241941126.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-11-2019, 08:43 AM
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry I'm not much help with Dodge alternators, but that's a gorgeous jeep!

***Chris***

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in