Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

I did this ________ for $100 OR LESS!

Tags
cheap cj
1M views 2K replies 649 participants last post by  FireMedic82 
#1 ·
To borrow the idea of another member... I thought it would be cool to see what people could do for 100 bucks or less. That's a reasonable amount for most people so let's see what we can list.

#2 ·
Baha Fog Lights for $25. lol
A Uniden PC 78LTW CB radio- free
antenna-$15
cb mic-$10
cb power cord-$10
Newly used Kenwood stereo and new antenna-$50
Owning an XJ ... Priceless. :laugh:

#4 ·

for $25 bucks in gas i got this bad boy for free.... :thumbsup:

looks like we'll be havin fun now jared haha! lots of parts (maybe..) still haven't gotten into it yet dude. all i need is a rear driveshaft and a battery and it should run. so from there on, everything i make for it, (bumpers, rocker guards, cage, roof rack, etc.... will all be under $100 :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Relocated gas tank to make room for D70...

Only cost was some EFI fuel hose and EFI hose clamps along with some scrap angle iron. I think it was about $90 total.

#7 ·
No but there are no fumes anyways.

Hell I did all the welding on my rear bumper/crossmember and stuff with the tank only 3 ft away. No boom:p

#10 ·
Obtained a 3.5ft by 6ft utility trailer, cleaned, primed, and painted it, and reinstalled the wood floor and sides. Total cost: $25 for the 2 cans of spray primer and 2 cans of Automotive Cherry Red spray paint :thumbsup:
It's going to be my camping trailer. All I have left is run the wiring, which I have, buy new brake lights and tires, and get it registered!!! :woot:

#16 ·
2 hella 550 fog lights
pos radioshack CB
$60 CB antenna
all for $15

#19 ·
New front speakers

ebayed 2 4x6 160W speakers, ($21) used the oem speaker mount, cut the speaker of and mounted the speakers to the flat part of the oem.

fabulous sound :thumbsup:

#26 ·
Light bar

What did you use for the housing? Also what brand lights and how is the bar fastened to the windshield frame?
Let me know any info, I like it:thumbsup:, I am going to do it too!!!!
Hope you don't mind me copying.
Thanks, Glenn

#23 ·
Painted the dash from Saraha Tan to Semi Gloss Black. Probably $45.00 total.

Painted the Iggee seat covers that had faded bad. Probably $35.00 total.

Fabbed and installed a security deck on the back for around $20.00. I got the piece of aluminum diamond plate for nothing. I just had to cut to fit, prime and paint, and rivet it in.

#34 ·
Looks great man. What paint did you use for the seats? Also Is the paint holding up, or has it rubbed off at all? Has it rained on your seats yet? I am just wondering if the paint will hold up, because my seats look like crap. Thanks and great looking jeep.

#36 ·
for less than $100, i made popcorn for 50 cents and watched these people on the internet bash back and forth. :thumbsup:

#37 ·
I warmed up some spaghetti for free and enjoyed a dramatic dinner theatre. haha

#40 ·
I'm assuming that it sits with the tread plate side down and towards the front right? Are you just gonna use sheetmetal screws and mount a radio to it or something?

#42 · (Edited)
the hooks will be wrapped around the roll bar, and the front will be connected to the windshield frame. after checking around, I found the best way to secure it will be to use nutserts (?) that way I can use bolts in place of screws. Correct, radios and extra light controls mounted into and on the diamond plate

#43 ·
Sounds good. Update with pics once you get it installed and everything wired up.

#44 ·
I made my own snorkel. It came out costing $97 in materials all said and done.

Before.

After

#45 ·
That snorkel looks pretty clean. I am pleasantly surprised. I saw homemade snorkel and thought hack job. Where does it feed into the air box? Factory location? Are you still running the factory filter and everything?

#49 ·
Yessum

It feeds into the factory location except that I put either a 2 or 2 1/2" 90 degree elbow of PVC to connect to the bendy tube easier. The bottom of the angle fits very snug into the opening of the airbox and the top angle faces up so that the bendy tube just had to bend down to connect.

Yes, I'm running the factory filter and don't have to replace one every time I go Scuba Jeepin' now.:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.