Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200407_224841.jpg   IMG_20200409_193847.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-20-2020, 12:48 PM
mukluk
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

They must be well worth praising since you completely neglected to mention who made them, what model, features that make them good, price, etc.

2000 TJ SE
2005 LJ Rubicon
post #3 of 10 Old 07-02-2020, 12:27 PM
UKXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Those tai lights are all over eBay, now whether lots of sellers have the same stock or several companies make (import?) near identical units I don't know.

They're certainly very attractive (i-m-h-o) AND quite reasonably priced - especially compared with Lexus style & other rather (to my mind) "blingy" units.

Might be tempted whenever I'm next allowed over the Pond - 'cos I'm certainly not prepared to pay anything up to $100 shipping for something I could put in my carry-on bag.

post #4 of 10 Old 07-02-2020, 12:56 PM
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I have no idea how good these are (look good though) but I've had experience with cheap LED lighting, after a while some of the individual LEDs begin to fail.

My toys
'89 Wrangler YJ
'47 CJ2-A

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
post #5 of 10 Old 07-02-2020, 01:05 PM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Cheap LED lighting is rarely worth the trouble. They leak, fail and flicker within months of install. Then the sellers hardly ever stand behind what they sell without charging you so much for warranty shipping that it isn't worth sending them back.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #6 of 10 Old 07-02-2020, 01:36 PM
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzin View Post
Cheap LED lighting is rarely worth the trouble. They leak, fail and flicker within months of install. Then the sellers hardly ever stand behind what they sell without charging you so much for warranty shipping that it isn't worth sending them back.
That's why I recommend (to those who must have cheap LED headlights), buy 3 (or 4 if there are RH and LH versions.) Somewhere along the way one will fail, and who knows how fast you can get a replacement (if at all)*

The quality brands cost a lot more for a reason. Much less likely to fail and have a functioning customer service department.

*Do NOT be fooled by high MTBF (mean time between failures numbers). If the numbers are not a total lie, they are what the LED 'bulb' manufacturer lists. That's ideal conditions, if the headlight unit does not have good water sealing, vibration and overheat protection, those numbers are meaningless. Some of these products claim to be made with name brand LEDs, but, come on, this is from China.

Additionally MTBF is a form of average life. By there nature, LEDs can fail in 1 hour or 10,000 hours.

My toys
'89 Wrangler YJ
'47 CJ2-A

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
post #7 of 10 Old 07-09-2020, 01:45 PM
UKXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzin View Post
Wouldn't argue with that BUT, don't forget, this started with OP's enthusiastic recommendation.

Hmmmm, perhaps we should all sit back & wait for him to come back in a few months time.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-09-2020, 02:30 PM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKXJ View Post
Wouldn't argue with that BUT, don't forget, this started with OP's enthusiastic recommendation.

Hmmmm, perhaps we should all sit back & wait for him to come back in a few months time.
Enthusiastic recommendation? Are we reading different posts? If he was enthusiastic about them he would have included at least one single iota of info about them.
The guy posted 1 incomplete sentence and a couple pics. He gave no real world info on how the pattern or brightness is with the headlights. Didn't tell us if they're HID or halogen. No clue about a price point. Didn't tell us where he got them or even who makes them. Not holding my breath for a detailed follow-up....
JeepRonibo likes this.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #9 of 10 Old 07-11-2020, 10:18 AM
V8GCZJ

Quote:
Enthusiastic recommendation? Are we reading different posts? If he was enthusiastic about them he would have included at least one single iota of info about them.

People ask a question like "what's wrong with my jeep, it won't start?" without any other info so nothing is surprising.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-12-2020, 05:23 PM
UKXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Mukluk made the same point but I disregarded the lack of detail same as I did the unfortunate typo.

I recognised the tail lights as soon as I saw them, hence my original observation about them being "all over eBay"

The headlamps, which I didn't pay much attention to, seem to be quite distinctive - or perhaps it's just that European export models are different - so shouldn't be too difficult to track down.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in