2000 GC vacuum blend dr. actuator ???? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 07-16-2021, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
bobbybee
2000 WJ 

2000 GC vacuum blend dr. actuator ????

Hi to All...I am new here on this Forum but not to Jeeps. I have owned them since 1987.

Here is my question, as I used to "race" Hi -Performance cars such as..Corvette, Chevelle, & Novas.
But I am no mechanic but have pretty good knowledge of it at my age still.

So, I took my 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo..to my friend to have him replace the evaporator and the heater core.
Yup, I knew what it involved and I told him to be careful stuff will be brittle after 21 yrs.

Well, got the Jeep back..freezing cold air...and a great price..$500 labor, I bought parts.
Turns, out I got "air out out of the far left vent near the driver's window, and out of only (1) of the center vents
Heat works ok,but no air on windshield when you turn it to defrost.

So he tells me..he broke the "blend door actuator which is vacuum activated" ..he tells me he will find a "used one and replace it. I have no problem with that.

Here is where I have confusion. All the websites show it is has an "electric" connection. It does not..it is "vacuum" connection and even Jeep stealer said..no go..out of inventory. But from "rock auto, to advance, to auto-zone to o'reillys they all do not "Show the Correct one I have with vacuum.

Now upon further searching..I found what looks exactly like the photo my mechanic buddy showed me. That part number is..Dorman 604-932 (ebay has photo of this which is exactly like mine, but says it will not work)?

Can anyone "shed some knowledge on this one? I would greatly appreciate it. I hope I am in the correct thread to ask this question? This my First post. Thanks..All!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-16-2021, 02:11 PM
jtec

2014 JK Wrangler 

The temperature/blend-air
door for all models is actuated by an electric motor,

lets start simple is this manual controls or AZC, the AZC has left and right sides and LED readouts for temp.

Are you SURE the blend door is your issue? Blend door actuator is accessed thru glove box.

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in