Tuffy Conceal Carry Drawer for TJ/LJ - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 58 Old 11-20-2010, 08:36 AM
mrfunnyguyky
2005 TJ Wrangler 

installed mine a few months ago and I LOVE it. I can fit a glock 26, cd player faceplate, and sunglasses in there at the same time. I can finally go somewhere and not worry about having my stuff stolen!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 58 Old 11-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

price on a concealed carry JK model 247-01, shipped to 48144.

Useful Write-Ups:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #48 of 58 Old 11-20-2010, 09:34 AM
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post

JK??? Do we need to talk?

post #49 of 58 Old 11-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
JK??? Do we need to talk?
possible X-mas gift for my dad, who owns a 4-dr JK. We good?

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #50 of 58 Old 11-20-2010, 05:09 PM
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

LOL. J/K bud. I've been perusing your LJ related threads for a while. Thought you may be having an identity crisis or something.
post #51 of 58 Old 11-22-2010, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
tuffy2
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
I would check in with some of the Tuffy dealers on the forum here...they can get you a great price for your Christmas gift!
post #52 of 58 Old 11-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy2 View Post
I would check in with some of the Tuffy dealers on the forum here...they can get you a great price for your Christmas gift!
so in other words, you won't sell direct? You're a vendor here, your website shows the product, with a "cart", yet you won't sell me one?

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #53 of 58 Old 11-22-2010, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
tuffy2
Vendor

You can definitely order on the Tuffy website - that's why we have a shopping cart. Quite often, our direct price will be a bit more than what you can find it for at one of our dealers since they purchase in quantity. We don't want to compete with our own dealers if they make that commitment to us!
Just trying to save you some money!

Eric
Tuffy Security Products
post #54 of 58 Old 01-17-2011, 10:33 AM
commodog

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grymsr View Post
I got mine and love it. however, I had to do some jiggering to make it work. first, the sliders on the drawer sides had to be removed and realigned to get the drawer to fit in the mounts (see pic1) and I had to put two bends in the lock hasp to make it so the drawer would close flush. (see pic3).
It is not as deep as I would want, as the slot where the lock hasp seats takes up about a half inch of the drawer's depth. (pic2) Still it holds my "smaller" guns fine. (pic4) The angle of the pic 5 makes it look like it doesn't close completely but it does. Oh, yeah, I lined it to protect the stuff inside.
Digging an old post up, but have a couple of questions?
Grymsr, Do you have the flip seats?
The limited height people mention scares me. Tuffy's sight says height limitations of "2 1/2” H (1 13/16” Clearance under latch bracket)".
I'm looking to stick my XD 40 sub compact, ipod, faceplate and a leatherman in there. Think it will fit? Height wise I should be ok, but if I have to stack anything, and add foam drawer liner, It makes me wonder.

Thanks
post #55 of 58 Old 01-21-2011, 08:22 PM
commodog

1999 TJ Wrangler 

I went ahead and bought the tuffy conceal drawer for my 99 with flip seat. The box was A LOT narrower than I had thought it would be. My xd .40 subcompact barely fits in it with the 10 round magazine inserted. I'm happy with the quality of the drawer, and install with additional security block installed only took about 20-25 minutes. My gun fits so I'm happy, but you will not be able to put much more than a sub compact in the flip seat version of the drawer.
I attached a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
photo.jpg  
post #56 of 58 Old 01-22-2011, 03:31 PM
BigDogTJ

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodog View Post
I went ahead and bought the tuffy conceal drawer for my 99 with flip seat. The box was A LOT narrower than I had thought it would be. My xd .40 subcompact barely fits in it with the 10 round magazine inserted. I'm happy with the quality of the drawer, and install with additional security block installed only took about 20-25 minutes. My gun fits so I'm happy, but you will not be able to put much more than a sub compact in the flip seat version of the drawer.
I attached a pic.
Thanks for the pix. I want to buy this for my 05 flip seat and was wondering on space cause I have a .40 S&W MP Compact I'd want to cram in there. Might have to opt for a snub nose revolver instead. Feel free to post more if you got them. Was install pretty easy?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." ~Edmund Burke~
post #57 of 58 Old 01-23-2011, 06:14 PM
map93xj

2006 LJ Wrangler 

heres mine, full size doesn't fit int flip model

heres my Kahr PM45 it fits. I wanted to put my Warn wench remont in there to but it to wide for the drawer to close. It doesn't take 5 min to install the drawer. It works for everthing I need, money clip, cell phone, gun, and radio. I love it.

06 LJ rubi RE 4 1/2 sf, MT 35/12.50/15 on soft 8s, Kilby tummy tuck and engine skid, Wilderness frt and rear bumpers, Warn M8000, Cobra 75 cb, Genright sport cage, Poison Spyder Armor, Gen Right front fenders.
post #58 of 58 Old 11-19-2019, 09:51 PM
cyberdyke
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Resurrecting an old thread: My baby was stolen a week ago, LUCKILY she was recovered 48 hours later! Everything in the vehicle was gone.
I like the idea of this drawer, want to know if I could get socket sets/tools in it? Do they make one for the pass seat? '99 TJ with flip seats.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in