Tuffy Conceal Carry Drawer for TJ/LJ - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 58 Old 05-14-2010, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
tuffy2
Vendor

Tuffy Conceal Carry Drawer for TJ/LJ

Looking for a concealed, secure place to stash valuable in your TJ/LJ when you can't take them with you. The TJ/LJ Conceal Carry Security Drawer (No flip seat) offers some heavy-duty, lockable security in an out of sight place. This version is for models that do not have the drivers seat that flips all the way forward to allow passengers to climb into the back. Other models for Jeeps with the full flip seat are coming shortly.

Full details and specs can be found on the Tuffy web site at:
TJ & LJ Tuffy Conceal Carry Underseat Security Drawer for Jeep Wrangler (No Flip Seat)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 Old 05-14-2010, 11:00 AM
Deacon

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice. I have a feeling I'll end up with one of these after I get my rig back from the shop and double-check the flip-up feature of my seats, and then after I get my tub lined
post #3 of 58 Old 05-14-2010, 11:21 AM
05jeeper

1988 XJ Cherokee 

Looking forward to the flip seat version. I'm sure i will be addiding this to my list of tuffy products I already have. Wondering how hard it would be to get it and the other 3 tuffy boxes I have keyed alike? Very cool

2005 JEEP RUBICON

GROUP MEMBERSHIPS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 58 Old 05-14-2010, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
tuffy2
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05jeeper View Post
Looking forward to the flip seat version. I'm sure i will be addiding this to my list of tuffy products I already have. Wondering how hard it would be to get it and the other 3 tuffy boxes I have keyed alike? Very cool
You can either order extra matching locks and change them yourself or for a minimal charge we will change out the locks here so everything matches to one key.
post #5 of 58 Old 05-14-2010, 03:41 PM
AppFan

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks again for getting this out for us TJ owners. Looking forward to mine getting here.
post #6 of 58 Old 05-14-2010, 03:48 PM
NDTIII
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered today. Thanks!
post #7 of 58 Old 05-14-2010, 03:53 PM
SpeedJeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks nice. I can't wait to see the flip version.
post #8 of 58 Old 05-14-2010, 06:02 PM
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
That's really cool. I wish this would have been available years ago when the jeep was a DD, but I may get one, I think it would be good for the trail for smaller items.

97 TJ 37s custom long arm
Gen right stretch tank
03 TJ buggy project. Stretched tub to LJ, Goat Built chassis, tons 42 pit bulls

04 QCLB 4wd Cummins tow rig
24 Gooseneck PJ trailer
post #9 of 58 Old 05-14-2010, 06:31 PM
AK99

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure if this was asked in the other thread or not, but, is this waterproof?

Firefighters Jeep Club
NEW JEEP 05 TJ Rubicon:

SOLD 97 TJ: 35's, tube fenders, 4inch zone lift, rear armor, 1 inch BL, and the usual noob stuff.
post #10 of 58 Old 05-14-2010, 09:26 PM
05jeeper

1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy2 View Post
You can either order extra matching locks and change them yourself or for a minimal charge we will change out the locks here so everything matches to one key.
So if I provieded the numbers off of the rear tuffy box you could send me locks that match for my overhead console and glove box? Send me the purchase information please.

2005 JEEP RUBICON

GROUP MEMBERSHIPS:

post #11 of 58 Old 05-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Deacon

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dude, if you just click the link in the original post, you'll see two things that might help you out:

Tuffy Security Products - 088 - KEY ALIKE INSTALL
Key Alike Camlock for any Tuffy product which already has a camlock
post #12 of 58 Old 05-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Rynoman27

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK99 View Post
Not sure if this was asked in the other thread or not, but, is this waterproof?
Its weatherproof, not waterproof. There are a couple of holes that are used for installing the box that would let water in. So if you swamp your jeep you will get some water in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Dude, if you just click the link in the original post, you'll see two things that might help you out:

Tuffy Security Products - 088 - KEY ALIKE INSTALL
Key Alike Camlock for any Tuffy product which already has a camlock
And deacon, Tuffy had said that he could key the one he orders to ones he alrerady has.

'97 TJ 4" Skyjacker lift, 33" Wrangler MTR w/ Kevlar, KC's, monstalined, JKS Quicker Disconnects
post #13 of 58 Old 05-15-2010, 09:52 PM
AK99

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynoman27 View Post
Its weatherproof, not waterproof. There are a couple of holes that are used for installing the box that would let water in. So if you swamp your jeep you will get some water in there.
Hmmm. Alright thanks man. Looks like I'll be picking one of these up.

Firefighters Jeep Club
NEW JEEP 05 TJ Rubicon:

SOLD 97 TJ: 35's, tube fenders, 4inch zone lift, rear armor, 1 inch BL, and the usual noob stuff.
post #14 of 58 Old 05-17-2010, 06:42 AM
erickpl

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynoman27 View Post
I'm thinking if they provided a rubber washer along with any metal ones, when the bolts are installed and the rubber washers on the inside, it would help reduce the rate at which water could flow in. I'm not sure about how the door seals up, but that would at least slow it down.

After talking with Tuffy2, when I pick one of these up, I'll be putting any valuables or things that need to stay dry inside of a ziplock baggie if I'm going to go offroad.

-Paul
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
post #15 of 58 Old 05-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Deacon

2006 TJ Wrangler 

That's a good idea. However, the washers thing isn't really the issue; it's the corners where the metal's been folded. That's where some holes are. If you're really that concerned about it, a little dab of some black silicon in a few choice spots should get the job done.

Then again if I lose my Jeep in a lake I'm not sure wtf I was doing in the first place

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in