5Likes
  • 3 Post By johnaunderwood
  • 1 Post By Boxerdad214
  • 1 Post By Judgeno1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 02-27-2020, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
johnaunderwood

Uconnect screen blank sometimes

2014 Trailhawk with Uconnect RA4 - occasionally after engine start screen is blank for a few minutes then loads - seems more prevalent if you start a power cycle by opening a door or tailgate and wait a few minutes before starting engine - no backup cam or control over environmental systems until it reloads - tried soft reset , no help since radio not receiving power-any ideas appreciated.

browning, Boxerdad214 and Judgeno1 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-27-2020, 07:02 AM
Boxerdad214

Mine is a 2019 and does that once in awhile. Turn off Jeep and let it reboot

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Judgeno1 likes this.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-27-2020, 09:28 AM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnaunderwood View Post
2014 Trailhawk with Uconnect RA4 - occasionally after engine start screen is blank for a few minutes then loads - seems more prevalent if you start a power cycle by opening a door or tailgate and wait a few minutes before starting engine - no backup cam or control over environmental systems until it reloads - tried soft reset , no help since radio not receiving power-any ideas appreciated.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

post #4 of 10 Old 02-27-2020, 10:59 AM
Judgeno1

2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnaunderwood View Post
Same exact experience
2014 GC Limited
Black screen when starting, eventually comes on. No control over comfort features, back up camera etc..

This should be a recall, seeing it all the time on forums. Jeep needs to do more than say sorry this is happening.
#Jeep
#Jeepcares

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
browning likes this.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-27-2020, 11:01 AM
Judgeno1

2014 WK 

Need to record how many owners with which years/models.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
post #6 of 10 Old 02-27-2020, 06:27 PM
GregF911

I just got a 2020 TH, and when I enter the vehicle, as soon as I close the driver's door, the Jeep splash screen is on the Uconnect before I start the vehicle. It has the Uconnect 4. Interestingly, I also have a 2015 Challenger with the Uconnect 8.4AN, and that screen stays off until I press the start button, then the SRT splash screen comes on. So, there has been some programming changes in the way they "wake up".
post #7 of 10 Old 03-01-2020, 04:26 PM
justals
1986 CJ7 

Garage
I have a 2014 and on my 3rd radio. Bought jeep new. Have a 2014 rubicon, different radio but on 3rd in that car also. Uconnect is, at best, horrible.

85 CJ - Renegade; 85 CJ - Base; 86 CJ - Laredo
14 JKU - Rubicon; 14 Cherokee - Latitude
post #8 of 10 Old 03-03-2020, 08:49 AM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregF911 View Post
I just got a 2020 TH, and when I enter the vehicle, as soon as I close the driver's door, the Jeep splash screen is on the Uconnect before I start the vehicle. It has the Uconnect 4. Interestingly, I also have a 2015 Challenger with the Uconnect 8.4AN, and that screen stays off until I press the start button, then the SRT splash screen comes on. So, there has been some programming changes in the way they "wake up".
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares
post #9 of 10 Old 03-24-2020, 06:26 PM
kyleetrotter
2019 KL Cherokee 

Similar issue in my 2019 TH. Can't replicate the issue like it seems you can. My screen will randomly freeze, freeze when going into reverse (backup cam), drop Carplay connection, reconnect SOMETIMES, turn all blue. Total mind of it's own. VERY frustrated. Deal contacted Chrysler and they said they're aware of it and can't do anything - apparently they're working on a software update, but I'm not holding my breathe.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-25-2020, 09:19 AM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleetrotter View Post
Similar issue in my 2019 TH. Can't replicate the issue like it seems you can. My screen will randomly freeze, freeze when going into reverse (backup cam), drop Carplay connection, reconnect SOMETIMES, turn all blue. Total mind of it's own. VERY frustrated. Deal contacted Chrysler and they said they're aware of it and can't do anything - apparently they're working on a software update, but I'm not holding my breathe.

Alison
JeepCares

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in