Help With Navigation/"Search & Go" - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-26-2019, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
2019Trailhawk

Help With Navigation/"Search & Go"

I just bought my 2019 GC Trailhawk, and mostly love it. One issue I have, is with the navigation system. There's no easy way to change directions on the fly, and more importantly, no way of inputting a destination by the name of the business. Even when I try to search for restaurants or hotels near me, it won't even pull up 90% of the businesses I know exist.
I've spent hours now yelling at my GC Uconnect trying to find a destination, instead of just using my phone. What point is there to having this system, if you can't search for a destination?
Finally, my car started telling me to get a subscription to "Search & Go" (NOT Send & Go) and to go to the Uconnect store to do so. I can't find the store, and I've been bounced between Uconnect and SiriusXM Guardian Assistants 12 times now.
This would be the first make a model car that has not safely allowed me to find and change destinations. Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Audi, Porsche, Kia, Honda, Acura, Nissan all have a search by business name (online destination or similarly worded).
The only answer I'm getting is, to use my phone to find the destination and to send it, or to read it aloud, or to use CarPlay. Meaning, I was told to use my phone while driving, or a subpar service, that doesn't seem to work that well. I always seem to lose directions during CarPlay, when I have a call come in...
Did I make a mistake going with Jeep this time? Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone else know where to sign up for this Search & Go Subscription?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-23-2019, 03:05 AM
liktenmune

Do you have the uconnect app on your phone? I have 19 th and dont get alot of places either. I don't think you.made a mistake. I'm stoked with mine. There might be something in the settings in the screen .
post #3 of 3 Old 05-23-2019, 06:15 AM
liktenmune

Also instead of using the search go to a point on the map or a place near were you want to go. Or use android auto, it uses Google maps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in