Dumb Newbie Questions - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-13-2020, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
BenN06

Dumb Newbie Questions

Hi y'all I have what are probably some dumb questions I'm hoping someone(s) can answer. I'm looking into purchasing a used Cherokee (no particular vehicle I'm eyeing just yet) but wasn't sure about a few things.

1) Is trying to find a more expensive Cherokee with a 3.2L V6 worth it over the standard 2.4L 4 cylinder? Look I'll admit I'm probably not going to be doing off roading but I do live up north where bad weather can go from bad to worse fairly quickly with a decent commute to and from work.

2) If I were to get an older model (pre 2018) can the Uconnect system be retrofitted with an updated version to support Apple CarPlay? If so how to acquire one? If not is it ok to get a aftermarket receiver or with that stop many of the cars functions?

Sorry if these have been answered before and/or if they are stupid questions from the uninformed.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-17-2020, 01:16 PM
browning
2017 KL Cherokee 

3.2L V6 is a lot better than the standard 2.4L 4 cylinder..... yes because the cherokee is a heavy jeep and the 2.4 is just too weak .

bone collector
post #3 of 4 Old 04-24-2020, 03:49 PM
CoulsonT

I'd look around and seek out a 2019 with the 3.2 or the 2.0T engine there has to be a bunch out there and the prices are good.it is a buyers market...watch out for the hurricane states and the salt use states.....I have two 2019s and would not settle for anything older they are great..

post #4 of 4 Old 06-15-2020, 05:18 PM
stormer1092
2019 KL Cherokee 

No you cannot just put a new radio in it and get car play. Doesn't work. People try all the time. Then they up at the dealership so we can just "flash" the radio. If it only worked like that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in