Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Dumb Newbie Questions

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  stormer1092 
#1 ·
Hi y'all I have what are probably some dumb questions I'm hoping someone(s) can answer. I'm looking into purchasing a used Cherokee (no particular vehicle I'm eyeing just yet) but wasn't sure about a few things.

1) Is trying to find a more expensive Cherokee with a 3.2L V6 worth it over the standard 2.4L 4 cylinder? Look I'll admit I'm probably not going to be doing off roading but I do live up north where bad weather can go from bad to worse fairly quickly with a decent commute to and from work.

2) If I were to get an older model (pre 2018) can the Uconnect system be retrofitted with an updated version to support Apple CarPlay? If so how to acquire one? If not is it ok to get a aftermarket receiver or with that stop many of the cars functions?

Sorry if these have been answered before and/or if they are stupid questions from the uninformed.

Thank you

#3 ·
I'd look around and seek out a 2019 with the 3.2 or the 2.0T engine there has to be a bunch out there and the prices are good.it is a buyers market...watch out for the hurricane states and the salt use states.....I have two 2019s and would not settle for anything older they are great..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.