Advertisement

post #32 of 78 Old 02-20-2016, 09:48 PM
remmons

2015 KL Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyedolfan View Post
That link is nothing about a KL.....
The incorrect link has been replaced with the correct link. I must have had that former link on my clip tray from a previous post on another thread.

Robert.
post #33 of 78 Old 02-21-2016, 02:06 PM
SeaComms

There is another lift already completed in Australia. 3 vehicles so far, first one with already 3000km on it and no issues. Some basic details on that same forum under TH lift thread. However the guy who designed it left the forum due to being flamed by haters (apparently more than one lift design is not allowed?? Oh and it wasnt US designed or something)

Beauty of this one is its DIY, basic tools and less than $50 of parts (at Aussie $ prices)...

Should have mine done next weekend. I already have the 245/70 r17 Duratracs on and another 30mm / 1&1/4in ground clearance will be nice.

The guy who designed, tested and fine tuned etc is writing the info up in a PDF that will be available for free in a few days.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cheers, Dave.

2015 Granite Pearl Trailhawk 3.2L V6 with Aussie Lift and 245/70 R17 Duratracs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 78 Old 02-21-2016, 03:10 PM
remmons

2015 KL Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
There is another lift already completed in Australia. 3 vehicles so far, first one with already 3000km on it and no issues. Some basic details on that same forum under TH lift thread. However the guy who designed it left the forum due to being flamed by haters (apparently more than one lift design is not allowed?? Oh and it wasnt US designed or something)

Beauty of this one is its DIY, basic tools and less than $50 of parts (at Aussie $ prices)...

Should have mine done next weekend. I already have the 245/70 r17 Duratracs on and another 30mm / 1&1/4in ground clearance will be nice.

The guy who designed, tested and fine tuned etc is writing the info up in a PDF that will be available for free in a few days.

I take it that there are no alignment issues. Looking forward to pics and results.
post #35 of 78 Old 02-22-2016, 08:30 AM
Sinisterod

Here waiting.....
post #36 of 78 Old 02-22-2016, 08:37 AM
christianbe

1992 XJ Cherokee 

post #37 of 78 Old 02-23-2016, 05:17 AM
SeaComms

Nope no alignment issues.

He also tested the front drive shafts as the front gets an extra 30mm travel and the they have at least another 30mm min before any indication of binding.

Means over 2in lifts are a no no without new shafts.

It is a really simple process and info is being released today on a few FB groups. If it hasn't been spotted by anyone here soon I will be doing mine this weekend.

There will be neysayers regarding the lift (especially those spending $700 odd on another version), but I have had several mechanics look over the concept and none have any issues so far. The best part is its totally reversable and in 2 hours or less.

Actually that's not the best part, the best part is he is providing the results of his trials, testing and hard work at no cost to anyone, and will even refund that no cost if you dont like the info

Stay tuned, more info coming soon (for free)

remmons likes this.

Cheers, Dave.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #38 of 78 Old 02-29-2016, 01:22 AM
SeaComms

The info is out but I can not upload pdf from tapatalk so will have a go later on the computer.... sorry for the delay for those waiting!!

christianbe likes this.

Cheers, Dave.

post #39 of 78 Old 03-01-2016, 03:08 AM
SeaComms

Exclamation KL Lift Instructions

The file is slightly too large to upload here so I have hosted it on my own blog, I hope no one minds!

http://www.justaskdave.com.au/kl-cherokee-lift/
remmons likes this.

Cheers, Dave.

post #40 of 78 Old 03-01-2016, 07:47 AM
DuncsJeeps

2006 XK Commander 

Garage
Quote:
The file is slightly too large to upload here so I have hosted it on my own blog, I hope no one minds!

Is there a link to the original available?

2017 WK2 Trailhawk - 3.6L: Daily Driver

: OME HD, RRO UCA, T/A KO2, Rack w/LED, Custom storage drawers, Winch, Front and Rear Bumpers - In Progress

: Sold

- RRO Sliders, 27 MPG: Sold

|
post #41 of 78 Old 03-01-2016, 07:50 AM
remmons

2015 KL Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:

Thank you for your hard work and dedication in finding ways to improve our KL's off road capability, as well as providing us with that write up. After my little trip yesterday I could definitely use a little extra ground clearance, as indicated in this post.
https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f428/...l#post34278770
SeaComms likes this.

Robert.
post #42 of 78 Old 03-02-2016, 06:03 PM
SeaComms

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncsJeeps View Post
Is there a link to the original available?
The original document is the pdf that I have hosted on my blog link. Yiu can download it from there. I tried to upload it to here to host but it was over the size limit for pdfs.

Can you not download it from the link to the blog? If not let me know and I will work out something else.

remmons likes this.

Cheers, Dave.

post #43 of 78 Old 03-03-2016, 07:12 AM
remmons

2015 KL Cherokee 

Garage
Talking

Quote:
The info is out but I can not upload pdf from tapatalk so will have a go later on the computer.... sorry for the delay for those waiting!!

Dave, I'm not familiar with the availability of parts houses from down under, but taking what you had posted with the OME products, I want to say that I've found an equivalent all over the place for those who are here in the U.S.A. All one would have to do is follow your vehicle info (1997 Jeep Wrangler 4wd for example), go to their favorite 4x4 store or website, and order or purchase them right there.

Thank you again for posting that info and your link. It looks like that I'll be one of the first here in my area (if not in Utah) to give my Trailhawk a lift. But I won't be up-sizing my tires until my current ones wear out. :O
SeaComms likes this.

Robert.
post #44 of 78 Old 03-03-2016, 10:13 AM
christianbe

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmons View Post
Dave, I'm not familiar with the availability of parts houses from down under, but taking what you had posted with the OME products, I want to say that I've found an equivalent all over the place for those who are here in the U.S.A. All one would have to do is follow your vehicle info (1997 Jeep Wrangler 4wd for example), go to their favorite 4x4 store or website, and order or purchase them right there.

Thank you again for posting that info and your link. It looks like that I'll be one of the first here in my area (if not in Utah) to give my Trailhawk a lift. But I won't be up-sizing my tires until my current ones wear out. :O
Nice remmons! Make sure and tell us all about it, sir!
remmons likes this.
post #45 of 78 Old 03-03-2016, 11:25 AM
remmons

2015 KL Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianbe View Post
Nice remmons! Make sure and tell us all about it, sir!
I'm on my way down to order the parts, right after I finish eating lunch!
SeaComms likes this.

Robert.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in