1Likes
  • 1 Post By Charley3

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 06-25-2017, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quadratec telephone ordering guy a bit snotty

I've ordered parts a least a hundred times from Quadratec over the years. I never had a snotty sales person until the last two times, and I'm fed up with it. Who can I complain to in management at Qtec?

Two orders ago, I wanted a speedometer gear and I was thinking 34 or 35 tooth for Cooper AT3 30" tires with 3.73 gears. The QT sale person told me to get 34 teeth because that's what the Qtec chart says. I wasn't sure because I knew my speedometer was 4 mph off at 71 mph because I'd checked it using a GPS. i.e. - Jeep speedo said 75 mph when GPS said 71 mph. I can do math. 35 tooth seemed like what I'd want, but I wasn't sure.

The Qtec salesman insisted on 34 tooth and was mildly rude about it. Like how dare a fool like me doubt an expert like him. So I ordered the 34 tooth as he wanted me to.

Later I went to install the 34, but was still unsure. So I pulled the stock original gear and counted 34 teeth on it. I asked my local transmission shop how many teeth they think I'd need. They said 35 teeth (as I originally suspected).

So last Thursday I called Qtec sales to order a 35 tooth gear. I didn't complain about earliler or even mention it. I just asked for a 35 tooth gear. The salesman told me he should choose how many teeth. I told him I want 35 teeth. He asked me "Do you want the gear you want, or the correct gear?"

That arrogant blow hole was snotty and pushy (again), but this time I knew for sure that I wanted a 35 teeth gear and wasn't going to let him pressure me into buying another 34 tooth gear. So he reluctantly, under protest sold me a 35 teeth gear like I wanted.

Quadratec never used to treat me like this. I'm not taking it anymore. Once I let it go. Not twice.

I will be returning the 34 teeth gear that I was sold earlier, and so help me God I'd better not get treated like I'm the fool for ordering the wrong gear. It wasn't my fault. No, the 34 teeth gear from Qtec was never installed. I aborted installation when I removed the original OEM gear and counted 34 teeth on it. i.e. - same teeth as the wrong gear he sold me.

===

Here's why I think your Qtec speedo gear chart is 1 tooth wrong (in my case). I think the Qtec chart may be based on stated tire size (in this case 30 x 9.5 R15) not actual tire size. According to Cooper tires my tires are 29.3" tall when new with full tread, but in reality they are shorter than that with the vehicle weight on them and some tread wear. Also, MT tires of a stated size tend to run 1/2" taller than AT tires of same state size. Your chart doesn't take that into account. I think your chart might be accurate for MT, but not for AT.

On my first call when I ordered the 34 teeth gear, I tried to explain the above to the salesman to explain why I doubted the Qtec chart. He acted like I was a crazy fool who doesn't know anything, but in reality he didn't know.

Events have proven that I know my stuff and he was incorrect. I would be gracious about that if he had been polite, but he was rude and condescending.

Qtec sales reps know some stuff, but they don't know everything, and one or two of them need to learn some manners and some humility because they don't know everything. Maybe it was the same sales rep both times. I'm not sure. Same attitude both times.

===

Edited in Later: Quadratec resolved my problems very well.

I will continue doing business with Qtec. Thank you.

Warning: I often edit my posts a few times to get them complete or correct errors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-26-2017, 08:18 AM
Quadratec
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Hi there,

I am very sorry to see this! If you can please PM me your information I can forward this on to the VP of Sales for review.

Also, if you have not sent back the 34 tooth gear already, I can send a prepaid label. Just let me know.

Thank you!

-Rick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We Price Match,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
us for a quote
Active Hours: 9am-5pm EST Monday - Friday

•
•
•
•
•
post #3 of 9 Old 06-26-2017, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have not yet sent back the 34 teeth gear. I would appreciate a prepaid label. Also I had to pay for next day air for the 35 teeth gear because the snafu has my Jeep stranded at the local transmission shop and they're waiting for me to hurry up and get 35 teeth gear. I'd appreciate it if you could give me a shipping label to return the 34 and a break on the next day shipping for the 35.

Adding to my frustrations... last Thursday I ordered the 35 teeth gear. Visa is paranoid and doesn't trust Quadratec and therefore blocked my purchase.

On Friday afternoon Pacific time, I called my bank to complain and they told me they fraud blocked my card because they've had a lot of fraudulent purchases at Quadratec. I explained to my bank and Visa that my purchase was legitimate and please unblock my card. I called Quadratec Friday afternoon Pacific time right after I talked to my bank. I told Quadratec that my card was now approved for the purchase and asked them to rerun it. They said it was too late on Friday but they would rerun it first thing Monday morning.

It's now Monday afternoon at 1:30 Pacific time and they still haven't reran it. I will be very lucky if they get my card rerun this Monday and ship it so I can get the part on Tuesday. It's looking more like Wednesday now.

I never had so much trouble in my life ordering a Jeep part. Normally Quadratec is really good, but last time and this time they've been terrible, and Visa added to the problem, and then Quadratec added more to the problem.

Warning: I often edit my posts a few times to get them complete or correct errors.

post #4 of 9 Old 06-26-2017, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quadratec Order #P31120690001 for the 35 teeth speedomter gear.

Edited later: I canceled that ^ order this Monday afternoon because when Quadratec finally got around to rebillng my credit card, it didn't go through again. I called my bank again this Monday afternoon and they told me they'd forgot to lift the block last Friday. So I told them to stick it because I'm going to cancel the order and use PayPal and order online.

Then I called Quadratec to cancel order #P31120690001 for 35 teeth gear. Customer support was closed. A very helpful sales person helped me cancel the order. This salesman was excellent.

Then I went online to Quadratec.com and use PayPal to order the gear. That order number is #P31120690001 and was easy to place the order. Problem solved.

Half of my earlier troubles was the earlier unhelpful Quadratec salesman and the other half was my incompetent bank and Visa customer support people. Paypal circumvented Visa nicely in my plan B solution, and I was lucky to get good Quadratec people today at customer support earlier this afternoon, and a good salesman this later afternoon.

Problems solved as far as I finally got the 35 teeth gear ordered and will soon by shipped, but I still need to return the 34 teeth gear, and I didn't get any price break on next day shipping on the 35 teeth gear. Next day shipping cost me $24.xx, but was the way to catch up since the transmission shop is waiting for the gear.

A return shipping label to pay for shipping to return 34 teeth gear would be appreciated. Some help with part of the cost of next day shipping 35 teeth gear would be appreciated.

post #5 of 9 Old 06-26-2017, 04:39 PM
Quadratec
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the info! I zero'd out your Overnight shipping and have a prepaid label being sent for the incorrect gear. Sending you a PM with specifics.

Thanks!

-Rick

We Price Match,
us for a quote

•
•
•
•
•
post #6 of 9 Old 08-14-2017, 07:00 PM
AlabamaRubi2004
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
I recently ordered several items several items thru Quadratec on separate days. However in subsequent orders I was unable to sign in to my account. And have had to make additional purchases as a guest I've contacted customer service and was told that a supervisor would have to review my orders to resolve the sign in issue.
No action has been taken and subsequent contacts with the company have failed to resolve the issue. Perhaps the this message will help to get it done.
Please contact Jeff Sievers. [email protected].
Thank you.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-14-2017, 08:54 AM
Quadratec
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaRubi2004 View Post
I recently ordered several items several items thru Quadratec on separate days. However in subsequent orders I was unable to sign in to my account. And have had to make additional purchases as a guest I've contacted customer service and was told that a supervisor would have to review my orders to resolve the sign in issue.
No action has been taken and subsequent contacts with the company have failed to resolve the issue. Perhaps the this message will help to get it done.
Please contact Jeff Sievers. [email protected].
Thank you.
Hey Jeff,

You should be good to go within the next few hours. I found several accounts which I am having merged into one using the e-mail address you listed.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Rick

We Price Match,
us for a quote

•
•
•
•
•
post #8 of 9 Old 09-15-2017, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Regarding my OP...

Quadratec resolved my problems very well.

I will continue doing business with Qtec. Thank you.
Quadratec likes this.

post #9 of 9 Old 12-19-2017, 01:29 PM
furant
2017 JK Wrangler 

Just reading through this. I just got a new Jeep and made one purchase through Quadratech for a hitch. I loved the web interface. The shipping was fast and the part was perfect and cheaper than elsewhere. They're batting 1.000. Adding a lot of things to my wish list now.

Joey

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in