Quadratec is slipping.... - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 09-23-2019, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
andyldavis

2018 JK Wrangler 

Unhappy Quadratec is slipping....

Well, after almost two months of waiting, I finally received my X20 Smittybilt winch. I have to agree that Quadratec repeatedly sent out "canned" emails on a weekly basis trying to keep me informed of their progress as the following shows:

We'd like to let you know that the item listed below is temporarily out of stock. The good news is that there's nothing you need to do. Just sit tight and we'll take care of everything to ensure things keep moving.

We're going to send you an email periodically while your order is processing so you know what's going on. Once your order has shipped, we'll send you the tracking information and estimated delivery time.

We really appreciate your patience. We'll be in touch soon. It will be worth the wait... we promise.

A million thanks for shopping with us. You're our favorite customer.

See you out on the trails!
Your Friends at Quadratec

I was able to get the winch installed with a moderate amount of difficulty as the instructions did not match the winch I ordered, the hardware package was missing lock washers, washers and a mounting bolt. I was amazed at the condition of the winch I received. The shipping box that I received was in pristine condition however the contents did not fare as well. The plastic zip-ties that held synthetic line, remote wire were cut and some missing. The take up spool had deep gouges and scrapes that removed the paint in area s closer to the gearbox side. If I had to guess, this could have been a demonstrator or a display model from the looks of what I received. I wonder if this is what Quadratec meant when they said "it would be worth your wait".
I have spooled the line and used the winch and it functions as I expected but I will have to think long and hard about purchases from Quadratec going forward. When I originally ordered the winch there was no mention on the website that they did not have the winch in stock otherwise I would have purchased from my local 4Wheel Parts store. I called and talked to Christopher and questioned the delay and was told it was out of their hands because the vendor was withholding the shipments. I did later check the website and discovered Quadratec had added the icon to check availability that makes it more transparent now (hopefully).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in