Premium Membership Upgrade? - JeepForum.com
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 115 Old 07-27-2015, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
harleysarge

2017 WK 

Premium Membership Upgrade?

No can do following the simple instructions. Pressing the button takes you to PayPal where they address you like a newbie to walk you through the process of becoming a PayPal member. A) I'm already a member B) I wanted to use a Credit Card C) no other options, just a dead end.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks, Sarge

"God bless the USA and our Troops"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 115 Old 07-27-2015, 11:22 AM
lakeobum
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I tried to renemine for months. Same issues, never did work.
post #3 of 115 Old 07-27-2015, 11:48 AM
modernblueWK

I just paid my 1 yr. Worked fine for me.

SOLD 2008 WK 4.7 V8
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Hemi Durango Crew
2007 Silverado Crewcab LT3

post #4 of 115 Old 07-28-2015, 08:48 AM
lakeobum
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" on this server.
Reference #18.65e39e3f.1438094859.2d45a31f

This is what I get every time.
post #5 of 115 Old 07-28-2015, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
harleysarge

2017 WK 

membership upgrade

If I am doing something incorrectly, I don't know what that might be. I just tried the 6 month and the 1 year upgrades and they both took me right back to Pay Pal like I said earlier. Dead End ! My recommendation is to put together an easier way for members to access this upgrade with less stress and an easier method of payment. It seems sending a check via snail mail is the only alternative. In today's hi tech age, this should be a snap to put together. I pay my bills online and don't have any of these issues. C'mon guys, let's make this easier please. Until then, Stay safe. Enjoy your summer and your Jeeps ! Sarge

"God bless the USA and our Troops"
Attached Thumbnails
jeep.jpg  
post #6 of 115 Old 07-28-2015, 10:20 AM
ChrisHager
Administrator

2004 WJ 

Garage
I moved this thread to the Help Desk portion of the forum.

JeepForum.com > Jeep Forum Site Help & Support > JeepForum.com Forum Help Desk

The people more well versed in this should be along shortly to assist you with your issues.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

~Chris
His: 2004 WJ - OME HD 'Kolak' Lift -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

His: 1979 J-10 - 3" on 33s -

His: 2009 Expedition
His: 1978 F250 Custom -

Hers: 2000 TJ
Hers: 2010 Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
"You can't recycle tartar sauce."
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_80 View Post
Weird, I didn't realize you could use vomit as coolant.
post #7 of 115 Old 07-28-2015, 02:17 PM
PhilipB
Administrator

1987 KK Liberty 

Garage
Hey guys,
Can you please do me a favor and check if you have the correct mailing address in your paypal account? If you still have issues, you will need to contact Paypal, however, if your payment did go through, we would need the Transaction ID number to confirm this.

Thank you,
Marie, Community Support
post #8 of 115 Old 07-28-2015, 06:30 PM
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleysarge View Post
No can do following the simple instructions. Pressing the button takes you to PayPal where they address you like a newbie to walk you through the process of becoming a PayPal member. A) I'm already a member B) I wanted to use a Credit Card C) no other options, just a dead end.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks, Sarge
What button are you pressing Sarge?
Is it one in the lower right corner of this page? Become a Premium Member!

***Chris***

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

post #9 of 115 Old 07-28-2015, 06:45 PM
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Okay I think I see what's going on now.
When I click the buttons in the bottom-right of the page I linked above, sometimes it takes me to this page with little options, although I could click the link I circled in red to login to my existing Paypal account.

premium-1.jpg

Other times when I wait a second the page above does a quick redirect that takes me to this page where I can enter credit card info or click the top link to login to my Paypal account.

premium-2.jpg

Is that what you guys are seeing?

***Chris***

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

post #10 of 115 Old 08-11-2015, 02:09 PM
Grumpy1SG

i dont want to use pay pal.... i want to use my CC and it leave no other option.... been trying for days now... help
post #11 of 115 Old 08-12-2015, 06:52 AM
PhilipB
Administrator

1987 KK Liberty 

Garage
The other payment option on PayPal is only for North American users from what I know about PayPal...some European countries as well.
Unfortunately the only option right now is PayPal, you can ask someone with PayPal to make a purchase for you but you'll need to tell them to cancel the auto-renewal that happens every year.

Lee
post #12 of 115 Old 08-13-2015, 02:09 PM
lakeobum
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I never get to that page, when I click the link to go to paypal, I get the error message I posted above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeobum View Post
Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" on this server.
Reference #18.65e39e3f.1438094859.2d45a31f
This is what I get every time.
post #13 of 115 Old 08-14-2015, 08:58 AM
JKPajer
2009 JK Wrangler 

Jk

I too have been trying to become a Premium Member. I click on the Paypal link and can successfully logon, but there doesn't appear to be any sort of "transfer" link between the two sites. Aka, when I log on to Paypal, it's just my homepage. There is no transaction-in-waiting screen to enable me to pay.

Tried yesterday. Tried again today. I suppose I could mail a check, but that seems so last century!
post #14 of 115 Old 08-14-2015, 01:24 PM
jerryjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Can't seem to upgrade my membership through tis site. I have sent three requests for help so far but no one seems to reply.
I too have been trying to renew my Premium Membership. I click on the Paypal link and can successfully logon, but there doesn't appear to be any sort of "transfer" link between the two sites. Aka, when I log on to Paypal, it's just my homepage. There is no transaction-in-waiting screen to enable me to pay.

Tried yesterday. Tried again today. Getting a little frustrated here. I have been a premium member for a long time and am not sure what is happening between PayPal and JF. Help!
post #15 of 115 Old 08-14-2015, 05:45 PM
Grumpy1SG

getting fed up

its rather annoying... says you can use CC But wont let you... I refuse to use PP when i have a credit card... If your only going to allow PP, fine i still wont use it but, at least update the damn page for cry out loud... You wouldn't think giving my money away would be so hard..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in