Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Premium Membership Upgrade?

45K views 205 replies 66 participants last post by  commadore64 
#1 ·
No can do following the simple instructions. Pressing the button takes you to PayPal where they address you like a newbie to walk you through the process of becoming a PayPal member. A) I'm already a member B) I wanted to use a Credit Card C) no other options, just a dead end.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks, Sarge

"God bless the USA and our Troops"

#5 ·
membership upgrade

If I am doing something incorrectly, I don't know what that might be. I just tried the 6 month and the 1 year upgrades and they both took me right back to Pay Pal like I said earlier. Dead End ! My recommendation is to put together an easier way for members to access this upgrade with less stress and an easier method of payment. It seems sending a check via snail mail is the only alternative. In today's hi tech age, this should be a snap to put together. I pay my bills online and don't have any of these issues. C'mon guys, let's make this easier please. Until then, Stay safe. Enjoy your summer and your Jeeps ! Sarge

Attachments

#6 ·
I moved this thread to the Help Desk portion of the forum.

JeepForum.com > Jeep Forum Site Help & Support > JeepForum.com Forum Help Desk

The people more well versed in this should be along shortly to assist you with your issues.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

:tea:

#7 ·
Hey guys,
Can you please do me a favor and check if you have the correct mailing address in your paypal account? If you still have issues, you will need to contact Paypal, however, if your payment did go through, we would need the Transaction ID number to confirm this.

Thank you,
Marie, Community Support

#8 ·
No can do following the simple instructions. Pressing the button takes you to PayPal where they address you like a newbie to walk you through the process of becoming a PayPal member. A) I'm already a member B) I wanted to use a Credit Card C) no other options, just a dead end.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks, Sarge
What button are you pressing Sarge?
Is it one in the lower right corner of this page? Become a Premium Member!

#9 ·
Okay I think I see what's going on now.
When I click the buttons in the bottom-right of the page I linked above, sometimes it takes me to this page with little options, although I could click the link I circled in red to login to my existing Paypal account.

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

Other times when I wait a second the page above does a quick redirect that takes me to this page where I can enter credit card info or click the top link to login to my Paypal account.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software

Is that what you guys are seeing?

#11 ·
The other payment option on PayPal is only for North American users from what I know about PayPal...some European countries as well.
Unfortunately the only option right now is PayPal, you can ask someone with PayPal to make a purchase for you but you'll need to tell them to cancel the auto-renewal that happens every year.

Lee

#13 ·
I too have been trying to become a Premium Member. I click on the Paypal link and can successfully logon, but there doesn't appear to be any sort of "transfer" link between the two sites. Aka, when I log on to Paypal, it's just my homepage. There is no transaction-in-waiting screen to enable me to pay.

Tried yesterday. Tried again today. I suppose I could mail a check, but that seems so last century!

#14 ·
Can't seem to upgrade my membership through tis site. I have sent three requests for help so far but no one seems to reply.
I too have been trying to renew my Premium Membership. I click on the Paypal link and can successfully logon, but there doesn't appear to be any sort of "transfer" link between the two sites. Aka, when I log on to Paypal, it's just my homepage. There is no transaction-in-waiting screen to enable me to pay.

Tried yesterday. Tried again today. Getting a little frustrated here. I have been a premium member for a long time and am not sure what is happening between PayPal and JF. Help!

#15 ·
getting fed up

its rather annoying... says you can use CC But wont let you... I refuse to use PP when i have a credit card... If your only going to allow PP, fine i still wont use it but, at least update the damn page for cry out loud... You wouldn't think giving my money away would be so hard..

#21 ·
Hi,

When you click through and are on that page where it says 'AutoForums.com, Inc' at the top left— If you look where it says 'Don't Have a Paypal account?' (located under where it says 'Pay with my Paypal account'), right under that it states that joining Paypal is optional. See attached screencap for the visual. You will be able to pay with your credit card without having to join. Once you fill out all your information and click through to the next page, that's where it will prompt you to join or opt out of joining. It is not necessary to join paypal in order to pay. I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Sheena

Attachments

#24 ·
JF Administrator--I have tried for two weeks now to upgrade my membership, to no avail. The link button to PayPal does not work. There is no open invoice at my Paypal account and no way for me to send the payment. I have also sent 3 or 4 messages to JF Admin asking for help--no answer -no response. Please resolve the issue or contact me with an alternative method for payment using PayPal. Thanks.

UPDATE:
I am running INTERNET EXPLORER 11 and still can not get the pay button to work, on a hunch I logged into JF via Mozilla Firefox and was then able to complete the transaction with PayPal. I suggest you may have a compatibility glitch with IE, which is causing your members a lot of grief.

#25 ·
This whole time it was the IE browser that's causing these issues. The same re-direct is used on other browsers (safari, firefox and chrome), so I'm fairly certain that has something to do with PayPal not connecting with IE browsers.

I'll inform the techs. I'm sorry this took a while to figure out.

Lee

Edit: Jerryjeeper, did you send us a private message? I'm sorry but I haven't received any from you.

#26 ·
upgrade membership

Thanks to all of you getting involved, and speaking your thoughts about membership upgrade problems, I have found a solution. Using Firefox instead if Internet Explorer, and I was able to go through the paces and
get my upgrade. Not being a Computer Aficionado, I need all the outside help and advice I can gleam... Thanks Amigos..

Sarge

PS: If anyone of you are into 1911's, check out the
Ruger SR 1911. Full size 5" or 4.25" Commander,
Outstanding USA workmanship, great Price !

#28 ·
upgrade problems

Yes, It seem the only problem I had was trying to use Internet Explorer
to upgrade. Firefox took me right to the upgrade and processed my request
for me. Not a real techy at my age so I couldn't explain the whys or why nots...LOL

Stay Safe, Watch your Six !

Sarge

#32 ·
Now that I have paid for my upgrade through PayPal, when does that go into effect? Avatar, Decal ? Just wanted to know...

Thanks,..

Stay safe and watch your Six !

Sarge
You should receive the decal from within 3-4 weeks from when you purchased your membership. Just double check your Paypal mailing address to make sure that it's the one you want it to be sent to.

As for your avatar, please make sure that it's within the maximum requirements.
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 150 by 150 pixels or 7.8 KB (whichever is smaller).

Lee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.