• 1 Post By Mr.B
  • 1 Post By JeepN4KC

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-11-2018, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
Drawnon
2009 WK 

Garage
Forum search help.

Hello good people. I'm having forum search problems. I haven't been on the site for a bit and its a little different.
I'm searching within the WK forum about light bars, and 1 or 0 posts will come up depending on what words I type, (light bar, led pod, aux switch, light bar wiring, etc.). So I posted my same questions to google, and within the google results are posts from this forum. I click on one link and I'm back in this forum, in the wk section. Now above the post there is a navigation list of where I am within this forum. I copy and paste the exact name of the post I'm in and go back to the search section and when i paste the title of the post, the search results come up with zero results. What am I doing wrong?
TIA
James

2009 WK 4.7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-11-2018, 06:28 AM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

The forum's basic search function sucks. The advanced search works ok, but only if you're a paying forum supporter.
Your best bet it to stick to google and when you search, include the term "site:jeepforum.com" at the end of your search to limit your results to these forums.
Or, just start a new thread and post your question. I'd post in the "Audio, CB & Ham Radios, GPS, & Electrical" sub-forum for questions on lighting/wiring.<!-- END TEMPLATE: navbar_link -->

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #3 of 8 Old 08-11-2018, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Drawnon
2009 WK 

Garage
Thanks.
I guess google it is.
I dont want to be that guy that asks a question without even doing any research.
Thanks again.

James

2009 WK 4.7

post #4 of 8 Old 08-12-2018, 01:29 PM
Border Dave
Got Sand?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzin View Post
The forum's basic search function sucks. The advanced search works ok, but only if you're a paying forum supporter.
Like you, I'm a lifetime member and the advanced search does NOT work ok. Lately, it only returns 0 or 1 result when I know it should be returning dozens of results or more.

The administrators messed with the system and aren't telling people apparently.
Pine_Cat likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-13-2018, 07:45 AM
Fourtrail
1974 CJ6 

Are you using 'Search the Forum' or the Google custom search? The google search works much better. Upper left corner on the classic forum, on the 'new' look, you have to click next to the little blue 'g' in the upper right and then select custom google search for the search box to appear. This does the same thing as Kruzin stated, does a google search of this site only.

80 CJ-5, 74 CJ-6, 56 CJ-5
post #6 of 8 Old 08-13-2018, 08:07 AM
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

This can help you out too. I have this bookmarked so when I want to search for something in the YJ forum: site:jeepforum.com/forum/f12

The f12 designates the YJ forum. The WK forum has f67 in it's address which designates it. So what you should bookmark for the WK forum is this:
site:jeepforum.com/forum/f67

Then all you have to do is leave a space then type what ever you want to search, like this:
site:jeepforum.com/forum/f67 light bars

I got 1,960 hits, all in the WK forum. This will work for every forum, just use the f-code for your forum.
JeepN4KC likes this.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
post #7 of 8 Old 08-15-2018, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Drawnon
2009 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
This can help you out too. I have this bookmarked so when I want to search for something in the YJ forum: site:jeepforum.com/forum/f12

The f12 designates the YJ forum. The WK forum has f67 in it's address which designates it. So what you should bookmark for the WK forum is this:

Then all you have to do is leave a space then type what ever you want to search, like this:

I got 1,960 hits, all in the WK forum. This will work for every forum, just use the f-code for your forum.
Thank you so much. Awesome.

2009 WK 4.7
post #8 of 8 Old 09-21-2018, 01:20 PM
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post

I have been really frustrated with the search function for quite a while.

Your post was very helpful..........thanks for sharing
Mr.B likes this.

~Mike~

WK

XJ
Sept '13/Jan '15/Jun '16 COTM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in