• 1 Post By The_Goob

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-22-2021, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
The_Goob
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Swag offroad Finger brake

I recently grabbed one of these finger brakes, the DIY version for the HF 20 ton press.
Decided to do a video on putting the thing together and testing it out. I highly recommend picking one of these up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YJoTM~April '14~June '15~April '17~July '20

Subscribe to my YouTube!-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-23-2021, 12:00 PM
Fldvr

1974 CJ5 

Garage
An awesome DIY addition to the shop, I also got the small bend plate for it. I did change out the HF 20 ton manual Jack for an air hydraulic !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #3 of 7 Old 04-24-2021, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
The_Goob
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvr View Post
An awesome DIY addition to the shop, I also got the small bend plate for it. I did change out the HF 20 ton manual Jack for an air hydraulic !
@Fldvr I had the HF air hydraulic jack for about a month. It worked good but I was pressing something and the crappy HF hardware on the eyebolts ripped the threads out mid press and the whole thing hit the deck cracked the jack. HF replaced it but they were out of stock so Itook the money back and got the Torin Big Red jack from amazon for a few bucks more. It sounds faster but I honestly think the HF air jack pressed a little faster.

I also did a bunch of other free/cheap mods to the press in this vid

Fldvr likes this.

post #4 of 7 Old 04-26-2021, 12:38 PM
Fldvr

1974 CJ5 

Garage
Nice video! When I bought the SWAG kit I got sidetracked by the arbor plates and started researching them.....I quickly bought the Swag arbor plates:-)
I think the only downside is taking the Finger Brake off to use the press for "normal" stuff. Maybe I need 2 :-) !
post #5 of 7 Old 04-27-2021, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
The_Goob
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Nice video! When I bought the SWAG kit I got sidetracked by the arbor plates and started researching them.....I quickly bought the Swag arbor plates:-)
I think the only downside is taking the Finger Brake off to use the press for "normal" stuff. Maybe I need 2 :-) !

If itís something thatís not a hurry I have two more presses at work to use lol but it comes out pretty quick. Yeah the hf arbor plates suck and Iím actually looking into making my own, if my steel guy has stuff that thick. I kind of want the gooseneck dies and the hemming dies but that will have to wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #6 of 7 Old 04-28-2021, 10:22 AM
Fldvr

1974 CJ5 

Garage
Nice work on the Video's by the way!
post #7 of 7 Old 05-07-2021, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
The_Goob
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Nice work on the Video's by the way!

Thank you good sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in