1Likes
  • 1 Post By rjbruzan

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-18-2021, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Ravenbar
2002 WJ 

Garage
No dimple, Dimple up, or Dimple down?

I'm getting ready to replace the rockers and the rear web between the rockers and uniframe rails on my '02 Jeep WJ.

The rocker panel replacement I've ordered is the Spadano Enterprises ROCKer Sliders. For the web I'm having to fabricate something as that parts not available anywhere.

Fairly simple design, and I've knocked out the bulk of the design and build for one side in less than an afternoon. The original piece had an oval hole with dimpling around it. The dimpling caused sand and salt to be trapped inside, resulting in that being some of my worst rot.

My plan is to punch an ~ 2" hole or 2 in the bottom facing side of the piece to facilitate flushing the area with water to wash out any sand, salt, or other debris that may work their way inside there.

I'm debating whether I should dimple those holes or not. I'd have to order a set of dimple dies, and they'd have to be bolt driven, as I don't have a press, or even room to put a press(or else I'd have one.)

So the question is: No dimple, Dimple up, or Dimple down?

Project Thumper:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KD2QQF
Member of Fourth Coast Jeeps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-18-2021, 05:53 PM
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I think you answered your own question. No dimple will be fine. More important protecting the new metal from premature corrosion.

Ron
Ravenbar likes this.

Of all the things Ive lost
The one I miss most is my mind

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
post #3 of 3 Old 04-19-2021, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Ravenbar
2002 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbruzan View Post
I think you answered your own question. No dimple will be fine. More important protecting the new metal from premature corrosion.

Ron
\

It'll be getting a coat or 3 of cold galvanizing weld through primer, then one done, put a spry paint nozzle up into the hole and spray so much it's dripping out the holes, as the paint finish is in a hidden area. The exterior will be getting numerous coats of paint, then probably a topcoat of truckbed liner, as I plan on covering the new rockers in.

Project Thumper:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KD2QQF
Member of Fourth Coast Jeeps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in