1980 CJ7 Hard Door Striker Pins - Request for Information - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 06-14-2019, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
MikeyDeezy

1980 CJ7 

Garage
1980 CJ7 Hard Door Striker Pins - Request for Information

Hello everyone,

After searching for a while I had the good luck of finding a used Bestop in good shape. However the soft doors are blue and the frames bent a bit with one handle busted, so the dilemma is fix these and look like a bad patchwork Jeep. I can’t always keep the Jeep in the garage and the Florida Rain is coming soon. I continued to search for doors, and found these hard doors in pretty good shape in the next city over. As you can see, they have the paddle style handles, which I prefer, but I am learning about the striker pin plates conversion, and the differences in body tubs and how they can be mounted through previous threads here, but outdated links are no longer working. Does anyone have a lead, extra parts they want to sell, or information to help me out along this? So far, I have found https://collinsbrosjeep.com/76-80-cj-door-strikers/
Seems kind of pricey and I am concerned about if it needs some sort of reinforcement, and how to do it. Thank you in advance for your input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeyDeezy Sez...Take ‘er E-Z and Keep it Breezy!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in