99 Wj 4.7 v8 Electrical? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 10-05-2021, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
RockSeadyWJ

99 Wj 4.7 v8 Electrical?

New pcm installed and fixed no start. Had near miss accident I avoided car coming my way but hit ditch hard. Knocked driver front tire off rim but Jeep started right up pulled out of ditch no problem. I Shut jeep off. Changed flat tire with full size spare. Then Jeep wont start. Finally starts in limp mode. I get home do key dance p0320 p0700. I replaced ckp sensor (not mopar) and did not fix immediately pulled wire harness made couple connector repairs MAP sensor connector and looked over and cleaned dirty connections. Reinstalled wire harness and now jeep is no longer in limp mode but giving me p0108 MAP voltage to high. Bought hyper tough bluetooth elm and downloaded jeep software. Had p0750 p0725 p0108. Cleared codes. Now starts right away ran erratic at first rechecked connectors cleaned installed input speed sensor on tranny but did not swich speed output on tranny. Now no more p0700 or any tranny codes just p0108. Rescanned odb 2 elm bluetooth. Multi system check fail, pcm fault 1, tcm fault 1, abs fault 2, mil on, abs on, multiple sensors and solenoid not receiving substantial voltage. Does this sound like wiring\connector issue or bad pcm or tcm??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-05-2021, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
RockSeadyWJ

When I installed new pcm (reman from all computer resources) jeep seemed great ran awesome but I hit ditch on way to work next day then all my crazy erratic idle issues and codes start. Only consistent code p0108 and bluetooth obd elm jeep software always detects cylinder 1 misfire and voltage to tranny speed sensors (45rfe tranny). Tranny fluid seems clean and right color no bad smell no shavings
post #3 of 10 Old 10-05-2021, 12:07 PM
jtec

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSeadyWJ View Post
Multi system check fail, pcm fault 1, tcm fault 1, abs fault 2, mil on, abs on, multiple sensors and solenoid not receiving substantial voltage. ??

WTF are you describing above - multi system ck?
Always post ALL codes.

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.

post #4 of 10 Old 10-05-2021, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
RockSeadyWJ

My apology I am new to posting here and was a bit overloaded. Been scouring forums and such. Trying different stuff before dumping $ into random parts associated with codes for almost a month. My current codes Pcm: P0108 and TCM p0601. I had stalling and no start issues. Replaced pcm (reman from All Computer Resources). Also replaced ckp sensor (not mopar) once Installed pcm it started up ran awesome for day or two. Then some idiot almost hit me and I avoided collision but hit ditch hard 35 40 mph. Jeep started right up pulled out of ditch. No body damage but driver tire was off rim. I shut off jeep changed tire and then no start. It eventually srarts but in limp mode. Code p0700. I bought Hyper Tough Elm 50$ from wally world. Download autel app and jeep software for free. It reads tcm p0700. I get p0750 p0725 and p0108. I do some research and convinced its electrical because ive seen frayed wires ect its 1999 Jeep so No surprise. I pull wiring harness fix couple wires going into connectors on MAP sensor and tranny sensors. (45rfe tranny)looked over wiring harness and looked ok but I did not completely pull apart. I reinstall wiring harness and redid all grounds. Jeep starts and no longer in limp mode. I scan again run multiple diagnostics. Erase dtc codes drive few times. Still no limp mode or any p0700 codes Jeep shifting weird and rpms not right and stalls when I come to stop still. Scan again. My current
post #5 of 10 Old 10-05-2021, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
RockSeadyWJ

My current codes from pcm are p0108 and tcm code p0601.
post #6 of 10 Old 10-05-2021, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
RockSeadyWJ

Before I messed with wiring harness I had p0700 p0750 p0725 p0108 and limp mode. After messing with wiring harness and new tranny speed output sensor I just get the p0601 from tcm and p0108 from pcm.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-05-2021, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
RockSeadyWJ

Sorry again it was tranny speed input The one on driver side towards front of tranny
post #8 of 10 Old 10-05-2021, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
RockSeadyWJ

Mil light and abs lights on
post #9 of 10 Old 10-05-2021, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
RockSeadyWJ

Over past week dtc keep changing i will get 12 dtc then 3 and now 2
post #10 of 10 Old 10-05-2021, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
RockSeadyWJ

I seems my pcm and tcm and or sensors are going crazy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in